Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Gen 2 Spark Plugs

577 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  V0latyle
Hey everyone. Curious what spark plugs everyone runs here and at what gap for their Gen 2s. I always have trouble searching the forum for gen 2 specific stuff.

At any rate the manual calls for AC Delco 41-153 for the 1.4 LE2 but that doesn't really seem to come up on Amazon so I'm assuming it was replaced by a newer number? 41.156 seems popular and it says it fits my vehicle.

Any help is appreciated! Coming up on 50k and probably gonna throw new plugs in with a new air filter. At the very least I'll pull the plugs and inspect. Thanks.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2016 Cruze Limited
35 Posts
The 41-156 are identical to the -153s. Same thread diameter, same reach. The -153 is copper, the -156 is iridium. Recommended gap is 0.027".
Iridium plugs should last 100k miles easily, just check the gap every 25k or so. DO NOT use a cheap plug tool, as you run a good chance of breaking the electrode or the insulator. Get some feeler gauges and use a tool like this to gently close the gap. Use a gauge 1-2 thousandths smaller than the gap you want to set the gap as there's a small amount of "spring" to the ground strap, then after setting the gap, check it with the 27 thousandths gauge.
I personally NGKs, IFR7X7G..

· Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 41-156 are identical to the -153s. Same thread diameter, same reach. The -153 is copper, the -156 is iridium. Recommended gap is 0.027".
Iridium plugs should last 100k miles easily, just check the gap every 25k or so. DO NOT use a cheap plug tool, as you run a good chance of breaking the electrode or the insulator. Get some feeler gauges and use a tool like this to gently close the gap. Use a gauge 1-2 thousandths smaller than the gap you want to set the gap as there's a small amount of "spring" to the ground strap, then after setting the gap, check it with the 27 thousandths gauge.
I personally NGKs, IFR7X7G..
Excellent thanks for the info!

FYI your link didn't work.

· Registered
2016 Cruze Limited
35 Posts
Oh I don't think I've ever seen a spark plug gap tool like that. That's cool. So how is a great way to decrease gap, how do you increase gap with that tool?
You don't, you'd have to use something else to open the gap up.

I like these because you can insert the gauge in the gap and tighten it down, meaning you'll get the perfect gap every time. Only caveat to this is the small amount of "springiness" in the ground strap, so you might need to use a gauge slightly thinner than your intended gap to actually set it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts