Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
To the OP, now you need to do the lower charge pipe. Mine made a good improvement according to my log data. Spool time decreased and starts sooner. More low end torque and top end. I attribute the gains to the rigidity of the tube and removal of that goofy resonator thing connected to the compressor outlet.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Finished up my hotside charge pipe.
So are those two (2) 90 degree bend pipes? Or is one of them more like a 60 degree bend mated with a 90 degree?
Just two 90's. There's a bump that lines up with a notch in the stock quick disconnect that you'll need to remove on the intercooler to get the hose coupler on and create a proper seal. I'm not sure why they used plastic on the upper charge pipe and rubber on the lower charge pipe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Hot charge pipe off the turbo(Bottom side)is: 1.75 to 2.5 silicone coupler. Then a 90 degree black 2.5 inch aluminum pipe. A long extended one about 18 inches. Then a 2.5 to 2.5 silicone coupler. Then a 90 degree aluminum pipe. Then a 2.5 to 2.5 silicone coupler. I bought the ones with the clamps included on the couplers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Topside recommendation: don't buy tight 90 degree piping. Buy the 90 degree 2.5 inch piping that is an easy bend. In other words it takes it's time before it gets to the 90 degree mark. Hopefully, that makes sense. Also, you need a 90 degree 2.5 to 2.0 inch silicone coupler for the final connection at top. The intercooler exit is 2.0 inch. So you will need a 2.0 to 2.5 exit coupler.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hopefully I'm following your question correctly. On ZZP, ecotec section, you can select with or without the bov option. As far as old Hahn products, the piping I used in this project is Hahn LNF upper without a bov. So there are ones without if you can find someone selling one. Or you will have to configure your own.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have had two orders of the elbows go bad. Any chance you can give me the seller or a link to the ones you got?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 44 Posts