Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, me again!

On the chase for increased throttle response and a slight increase in fuel economy and my current train of thought is the intake.

This to me is not a perfect of efficient design at all, the odd shape, the amount of ripples, the huge baffle chamber and the difference in diameter changes 4 times.

What I want to do is replace it all with a 3" alluminium that tapers down into a 2.5"(for the turbine housing) which will in turn result in a smooth and unhinged method of air injection which should result ina smoother throttle response and ultimately fuel economy as it doesn't have to navigate awkward mesh and ripples and chambers.

Has anyone done this at all? (Intake track is highlighted in Yellow)
intake.jpg

·
Registered
157 Posts
I doubt that the intake is a constraint limiting either mpg or torque or power, but I am only an armchair modder for gas cars and know zero from experience.
But if you go for it, maybe consider to use MANDREL bends in the aluminum if you want to allow maximum/least-restricted air volume.
Dyno before & after?
ps - You must be a computer programmer if you start counting at zero. Sorry if I'm only now discovering that GEN0 means some sort of early australian cruze! :) Btw, good luck finding a throttle in that thing! ;/

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mandrel bends definitely.

Gen0 is a 2009~2010 Holden Cruze, or so I'm aware of. I wouldn't so much call it a constraint, more or less a hinderance, it's neither smooth nor perfect.

Being turbo charged I'm expecting little to no results, if it were an N/A, results would be seen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts