2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
Does anyone have these ? Was wondering if anyone can speak of themA while back, Terry (tecollins1) made big 3 kits for this community. I've decided to pick up where he left off and start making big 3 kits. A big 3 kit is a wiring upgrade for your engine bay that improves the power capacity of your vehicle. This is often done for vehicles with upgraded sound systems to reduce light dimming and provide more power for added equipment. These kits are currently only available in black, using 4 AWG copper cable.
According to the AWG specifications, 4 gauge wire is capable of holding 60A over a power before increasing resistance, wasting energy as heat, and dropping voltage. The alternator is rated for 125A at max capacity, so there is some power capacity that can't be utilized with factory wiring. With higher electrical loads, such as with audio systems exceeding 400W RMS, this results in voltage drop and light dimming at higher volumes. This big 3 kit will add a solid 90-110A of power capacity to your electrical system, which will allow you to fully utilize the capacity of the stock alternator and maintain voltage for your electrical equipment.
This kit reinforces the following connections:
- Engine block to chassis (ground)
- Battery to chassis (ground)
- Battery to alternator (power)
- True 4 AWG, pure copper, made in the USA cable, rated for 150A loads
- Hydraulically crimped, nickel plated closed ring terminals
- Heat shrink sealing over cable-ring joint
- Power cable is red, ground cables are black
- Three cables, measuring 16", 21", and 35"
- A bolt to secure block to chassis cable (used on the 1.4T)
Price for the kit is $50 shipped in the US and $70 shipped to Canada. Payment for kits shipped in the United States can be made securely using the links below:
Note: These kits will also fit the 2012-2017 Chevy Sonic.
Installation Instructions: How-To: Installation of the Big 3 Cruze Kit