Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Gen1 Cruze diesel

5K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Eddyncruze 
#1 ·
I’m not a Mechanic trying to get an idea of what I’m looking at I have a small oil leak and in trying to figure out what it is coming from the item sits just below and behind the dip stick illustrated here

See less See more
#9 ·
I’m getting the p0299 code and the only thing that has changed is this oil leak it is leaking onto the vacuum chamber And one of the things they said the check was to make sure that you didn’t have a vacuum leak I’m trying to figure out if somehow that might be causing a vacuum leak

#11 ·
The oil is coming from the intake track, check the joint close by the area you are concerned. You will find it oozzing there. Next question is why is there oil in the intake track? It is getting sucked into the turbo form the PCV valve. Next question why is it there? Check your oil level, it probably past full. How did that happen, during DPF regen the engine is injecting fuel during the exhaust stroke and it is blowing by the rings, diluting the engine oil, thus making the oil go up. What is the fix? Only fill the engine with 4 L of oil and not 4.5 L. That will show up about mid dipstick when you check it. And allows the oil to increase in the crankcase plus eliminates whipped up oil vapors from being there in the first place occuring because the engine oil is too high. The next problem is that the bottom of the intercooler is full of oil, need to remove it and drain it out. That is a little bit of a job. Gee how do I know this, Yeah it happened to me too.

#14 ·
#1 I used gas, soak it over night #2 drain, repeat, #3 then use a solution of dawn dishwashing soap and water over night, #4 rinse out with water, then use the exhaust port of your shop vacuum to blow air through it until dry. Scared of the gas, use the dawn alone, may not get through the gunky stuff in the bottom intercooler tubes. Let me know how it turns out for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.