Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the Central Texas area looking for a Gen 1 Diesel mine should be available on the lot at Covert Bastrop Friday. Ask for Buster.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Reactions: justin13703

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Traded mine for a Black 17 sedan which will become Deb's when the Hatchbacks make it to the dealer's lots. Then I'll trade her's in on a Diesel hatch which I will gladly take off her hands. You see my first car was a 72 Vega hatchback built in the GM Lordstown Assembly Plant of all places. I guess you could say I'm searching for my youth.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Vega Flashback

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Model car Classic car

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
How long did you go without overheating the engine on the Vega?
I think my brother overcooked his '73 when he came home for Easter in '74. Burned oil for about six months after that until his wife ran it out of oil and killed it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Are you driving anywhere? That's a really low mile car, I would have been I treated a few months ago. I've moved on now I'm trying to talk myself out of a BMW 335d these days,

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How long did you go without overheating the engine on the Vega?
I think my brother overcooked his '73 when he came home for Easter in '74. Burned oil for about six months after that until his wife ran it out of oil and killed it.

Almost a year. It was replaced under warranty ( and duress from my father ).

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you driving anywhere? That's a really low mile car, I would have been I treated a few months ago. I've moved on now I'm trying to talk myself out of a BMW 335d these days,
Thought I was going to have to commune into Austin when I bought it. That would has been about 22k per year. Then got offered a job 8 miles from the house at almost the same pay. That and I drive the truck one or two days a week have kept the mile down. Combine that with having to go back to work full time has curtailed my road trips to work at road course races around the country. And I have done the annual Vegas trip since I bought it.

Hoping to re-retire soon and start traveling again.

Im still trying to figure out how Deb puts three time the miles on hers in a year as I do and she is retired.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
Thought I was going to have to commune into Austin when I bought it. That would has been about 22k per year. Then got offered a job 8 miles from the house at almost the same pay. That and I drive the truck one or two days a week have kept the mile down. Combine that with having to go back to work full time has curtailed my road trips to work at road course races around the country. And I have done the annual Vegas trip since I bought it.

Hoping to re-retire soon and start traveling again.

Im still trying to figure out how Deb puts three time the miles on hers in a year as I do and she is retired.
I don’t drive my car to work and somehow have put 16k on it in a year. Whoops. It’s been fun though.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Went by the dealership today. My salesman told me my car was one of the cleanest trade ins they have had in a while. It sold in five days. Looks like there is a a demand for used diesels.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Went by the dealership today. My salesman told me my car was one of the cleanest trade ins they have had in a while. It sold in five days. Looks like there is a a demand for used diesels.
A lot of former TDI owners out there with cash in hand. They have until the end of 2018 to opt for the ‘fix’ or do the buyback.

How are you liking the new one so far?

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How are you liking the new one so far?
Over all it is a better car than the gen 1. Handles great even with the smaller tires. Most of the transmission lag is gone. Stop/start takes some getting used to. I prefer to push or pull the shifter for manual changes in the gen1 to the toggle switch on top of the shifter. While not leather the seats are more comfortable to me. Not being leather is no problem to me down here in south central Texas.

I have a 500+ mile one way road trip coming up next week. I'll to my best to make it there and back on a single tank.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.