Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at doing my 100k mile service here before it snows. Do any of you who have ordered or researched the water pumps have confirmation on the proper part numbers? This is what I have, but I'm not confident about the numbers, since I just sort of gleaned them from part sites here and there without a good, solid source:

Original 2014 Water Pump: 55568637
Current Inventory Water Pump: 55488983
Water Pump Gasket: 12855142
Aftermarket Pump (GMB): 130-3130

Can anyone verify these part numbers or provide part numbers or links to other aftermarket pump options?

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'm looking at doing my 100k mile service here before it snows. Do any of you who have ordered or researched the water pumps have confirmation on the proper part numbers? This is what I have, but I'm not confident about the numbers, since I just sort of gleaned them from part sites here and there without a good, solid source:

Can anyone verify these part numbers or provide part numbers or links to other aftermarket pump options?
I would check with Id Parts to see what they have. They do extensive research on parts they sell for diesels only.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts

Hey Rev, I had my water pump, timing belt and tensioner/pulley replaced under warranty by Chevy April 2017 (water pump was leaking badly and they replaced TB at the same time).

My water pump was the ‘old’ number ending in 637. Here’s the invoice in case it helps:

Attachments

·
Site Sponsor
95 Posts
I am not seeing the supersession to part number 55488983 through the GM software.

Heres a few more numbers for you:
AC-Delco 251-758
Pierburg(makers of the GM and Ac-Delco pump): [FONT=&quot]7.01984.02.0[/FONT]

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as I can remember, the bolts are reused and no additional sealant is used for them.

·
Registered
320 Posts
OK. In Brad's video he said there is oil on his so I didn't know if we had to seal them or whatever. I might wrap a tiny bit of teflon tape around the midway point just to be safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts