Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Cruze Diesel LT Sedan
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Yes. I want to know if the stock ECU can be used with a straight-pipe in place of the DPF, or if tuning is required.
Tuning would alway be required if there’s a sensor involved. Say for a o2 sensor; you’d have to program the computer to think it’s there and working properly if you were to take it out completely. Just an example I could come up with on the spot.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
pickups do it all the time. if there is a kit, and i've heard there currently isn't right now, you'll need to mod the computer to thinking everything is still there. unfortunately it is illegal to do in the eyes of the EPA, but they're just money hungry turds that can suck an egg in my opinion. gen1 cruze had a fair delete kit that at least got rid of the exhaust components. i couldn't say for the EGR or anthing like that though.
Since the EPA crack down on this practice it has delete tuners in hiding. For gen one there are kits out there but not easy to get and expensive. It also disabled EGR

Reactions: Rivergoer

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's alive!!! 2017 1.6l diesel. Down pipe is crude but done. Will update in the next few days any drivability issues. It's a 6spd manual, egr blocked off. Dpf removed. All sensor disconnected and no check engine light. ????

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
That’s how it is. I had put it in the air using my bosses lift when it was around 5000 miles and there wasn’t any panels. The only panel is for the under side of the engine. I’m sure the gen1 is a little different.
yeah gen1 diesel has 'aero panels'

i know the gen2 diesel gets great mpg, just assumed it had 'aero panels' as well

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's alive!!! 2017 1.6l diesel. Down pipe is crude but done. Will update in the next few days any drivability issues. It's a 6spd manual, egr blocked off. Dpf removed. All sensor disconnected and no check engine light. ???? View attachment 286341
How is it holding up? I am doing my Equinox today. Trying to unhook all the sensors but I don't know what all need to stay, and what all needs to go.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.