Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. First time posting here. Just got my new 2017 cruze lt hatchback and am trying to install a dash came with all wires hidden. I got the wire hidden all the way to the to the console where the fuse box is only problem is I can not for the life of me find how to get the cable into the fuse box from behind! I cant figure out how to remove the panels on the side so I can rout the wire through the back of the floor space.

Can anybody give me some direction on this?

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Cruze Diesel LT Sedan
23 Posts
IOU4something, have you found a solution to this? I’m trying to figure out how to do something similar with my ‘18 diesel, and can’t find anything that helps. I need to hide my wiring better but am hesitant to take any panels off atm.

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well for my issue this isn’t what I need help with. I need to hide my wires.

the red in the photo indicates the wire routing.

Get these and you don't have to go in from behind.

Motor vehicle Windshield Automotive exterior Mode of transport Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
If you want it proper you route behind the Pass a pillar and join with the existing harness. Any other way is a safety hazard with the curtain air bag.

The panel is just clipped in with a retaining mechanism to keep the panel from flying away in an accident.

·
Registered
44 Posts
IOU4something, have you found a solution to this? I’m trying to figure out how to do something similar with my ‘18 diesel, and can’t find anything that helps. I need to hide my wiring better but am hesitant to take any panels off atm.
If you want it proper you route behind the Pass a pillar and join with the existing harness. Any other way is a safety hazard with the curtain air bag.

The panel is just clipped in with a retaining mechanism to keep the panel from flying away in an accident.
this video may help!

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Why go all the way down to fuse block at all? There's power and ground right near the dash cam mounting point in the roof console
No worries about airbags, virtually zero chance of pinching as compared to running to fuse block, less material required...etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello all, so I'm going to see about hardwiring my dash cam in a couple of days and am not sure what fuse I should tap into. I understand that I should use one that provides power all the time as the hard wire kit I have has a automatic shut off if it goes under a certain amount of volts. Something else that would help is to know how to get the wire from the rear view mirror to essentially the glovebox area without breaking anything. Would the A pillar plastic trim be able to come completely off or is it attached closer to the dashboard making it not come off?if anyone has any videos or anything on how to do this I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,421 Posts
Hello all, so I'm going to see about hardwiring my dash cam in a couple of days and am not sure what fuse I should tap into. I understand that I should use one that provides power all the time as the hard wire kit I have has a automatic shut off if it goes under a certain amount of volts. Something else that would help is to know how to get the wire from the rear view mirror to essentially the glovebox area without breaking anything. Would the A pillar plastic trim be able to come completely off or is it attached closer to the dashboard making it not come off?if anyone has any videos or anything on how to do this I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
You should be able to just tuck the wire in under the headliner trim and then under the pillar garnish as well. I have a Gen I, but I was able to remove the light console in mine and fished the wire over to the pillar garnish and then just tucked it in. Either way will work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You should be able to just tuck the wire in under the headliner trim and then under the pillar garnish as well. I have a Gen I, but I was able to remove the light console in mine and fished the wire over to the pillar garnish and then just tucked it in. Either way will work.
Unfortunately there’s a large enough gap between the windshield and the ceiling that the wire will fall out. Currently I have it attached to the windshield with wire clamps but I’d like to get rid of that. You know, make it look clean without having to worry about wires falling down.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
12,421 Posts
Unfortunately there’s a large enough gap between the windshield and the ceiling that the wire will fall out. Currently I have it attached to the windshield with wire clamps but I’d like to get rid of that. You know, make it look clean without having to worry about wires falling down.
Can you take a picture or two of the windshield / headliner area?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts