Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming up on 100,000 km (96 currently) and am wondering what should be replaced/checked on/maintained in the near future. I have a 2012 Eco MT. She's been mine since August 2015 (42,000km then) and other than oil changes and front breaks at 90,000km I haven't done any mechanical work.

Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Nathan

·
Super Moderator
7,812 Posts
Think about tires. And always use a top tier gasoline - if you don't already.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Download the 2014 Owners' Manual and look at the severe service schedule in it. At a minimum you'll want to change the brake/clutch fluid and the transmission fluid. For the transmission contact XtremeRevolution for AMSOil Synchromesh gear oil. You'll need 3 quarts. The GM fluid is about twice as expensive and not as good. I use the GM DOT3 brake fluid for the brake/clutch fluid.

·
Registered
215 Posts
X2 on following the severe service schedule from the '14 owner's manual - the maintenance schedule on the first few model years came up short in some places and was revised in following years. Aside from what's been mentioned, I'd have a good look around your engine (preferably on a lift, if you can) to check for leaks - the water pump is known to leak and should have an extended warranty if needed, and even on mine that's never needed a speck of repair work to the drivetrain, at 89,000 mi. even though the oil level on the dipstick doesn't drop at all between changes there are a few wet spots on the engine that are just minor enough not to leave a drip - I intend to address them at 100K if nothing lets loose before then, but at least I know where leaks are developing before they become a problem.

·
Super Moderator
7,812 Posts
Also take a look at your sway bar links. They seem prone to breakage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.