Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really excited, pretty sure I'm going to get 15% around and then if this whole prescription thing goes through I can probably get like 35% on my windshield or something. I'm in Ohio and I'm aware of the laws but I recently had eye surgery LASIK/PRK so my family doctor may be able to write a script that says I can have my windows tinted past legal limit due to my sensitivity to eyestrain and all that.

Friend told me to do 5% all around which I like the look of but .. eh, I think that's a little too much LOL.

Will update with before/after pictures once it's done!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah I'd probably go 50% then , I'd just like SOME tint on it because I think if I go 5% or 15% all around with nothing on the front it'll look really weird.

Is 15% pretty **** dark? Some cars I see 15% and it looks really dark, others look relatively see-through. I want as dark as I can get without basically blinding me, I know 5% at night is basically impossible to see out of but cosmetically it looks the best in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I should elaborate on my tint. I have 3M 35% color stable tint on all windows but the windshield. When I say at times its hard to see out the passenger/drivers windows at night, dark streets even in town I've had a few people walking that I cut off because I did not see them at the intersection. Sure I can put my windows down but wish I had went a bit lighter on at least the front side windows at times. I love how it looks, but also worry about getting pulled over every time I drive. I've made it a habit when weather permits to put down the front two windows whenever I've driving in a city.

Remember all windows including the windshield are already 70% from the factory so adding additional tint will get results a bit darker than you expect. My windows light meter under 28%.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I tinted 35 all around but see zero need to do windshield. Mine is ceramic. Look is part of the equation, but safety will always be more important than the "look". I have been quite happy with my tint.

Reactions: Tomko

·
Super Moderator
7,782 Posts
Ceramic FTW!

·
Registered
270 Posts
18% ceramic everywhere, but the windshield. Tempted to do 50% on the windshield, but think it'd be too risky due to the reduced visibility at night and making it more likely the Po-Po would stop me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I get my cars tinted at 5% and the strip on the windshield. Haven't had any problems but then again I don't drive a lot at night. But when I have driven at night it don't seem to bother me any.

·
Registered
211 Posts
35% all around (IL legal) and 50% on windshield here.

50% is just right. Takes away some glare, and from the outside, just looks a little mirrored, not tinted, it's hard to tell.
No hassles in 2 years with the windshield, cops don't look twice. There are others with 35% and darker in my area on the windshield, and it's too much if you drive at night.

I would say put on sunglasses and drive at night if you want darker than 50%. Similar effect, not condusive to turning and curbs.

I have had 5% around and 35% on windshield. AWESOME look but don't drive at night, it was challenging and sometimes windows down was better for parking at night, kinda annoying.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was going to get my new 2016 done this last week but I will have to wait. Just couldn't get the time to get it there with the hurricane and all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts