Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been getting the Service Tire Monitor System message when driving in the wet. It is always the right rear wheel that shows no signal.

I think that the tpms sensors use the valve stem as their antenna. Where is the corresponding antenna on the car?

Do the sensors talk through one antenna on the car or is there an antenna for each sensor? I'm thinking that the sensor in the tire is probably ok since water cannot get into the tire. The underside of the car obviously gets saturated. So I wonder if I have a leaky connector on the car. This theory works if there are separate antennas.

Then again, if the tpms battery is getting low, maybe it hasn't got the guts to broadcast a signal through the water when everything is saturated. This theory works if there is one antenna on the car.

Ideas?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
There's only one antenna and receiver - located on the windshield behind the rearview mirror. Since it keeps happening on just one sensor, I'm going to go with a sensor that needs to be replaced. There's not much you can do with them except replace. Not even change the battery.

Reactions: dougc905

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm actually relieved - swapping out one tpms sensor is way easier than trying to diagnose an electrical problem on the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts