Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called my exhaust shop in town and they are willing to do the muffler delete for 50-75 dollars! I'm also one of those guys that wants an exterior throaty sound but not outrageously loud! Am I doing the right mod for the price to meet my requests? I'm guessing the muffler can be welded back on if I think it sounds too ricey, right?

Current mods
-Trifecta Advantage+ tune
-K&N CAI with Injen filter and pre-filter
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet cruze Chevrolet

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
481 Posts
I love the sound of the muffler delete for the price. It got a little raspy when cold but otherwise sounded very euro. It isn't aggressive, but sounds good for sure. Not a Honda by any means.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! That's what I'm hoping for! I was alittle nervous but I guess I haven't heard too many negative comments bout doing the mod! I'll let you guys know what I think tomorrow sometime

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,909 Posts
Silly question; I was looking into this for a cheap/easy mod for some extra nice noise....will this mess with emissions at all?
It shouldn't, the muffler doesn't do anything for emissions - just controls noise.

If it gets too raspy, a resonator would help calm some of that down, as well.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Hey don't tell these Goof Balls ..I want to read how the Intake is messed up ......................

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just remember that a certain amount of backpressure is a good thing.
If this is a 1.4t witch I think all the rs cars are right? you can go straight pipe back and still be ok on backprssure because the turbo will always make some. Plus if he still has his cat thats the most restrictive piece in the hole exhaust. Delete that muffler!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Reactions: Rockhead
1 - 15 of 15 Posts