Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any Chevrolet dealer pull the entire service history, no matter if it was serviced in different states?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
They can pull what was done by any GM dealer if that dealer updated GM's Global Connect system. For that matter, you can also pull your service history with the same restrictions if you have an account at owners.gm.com.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Owner.gm.com leads to the MyGm/MyChevrolet sites, neither of which gave me much info. I went in person to the dealership nearest me and he said all he could see was an oil change at 4k and one at 10k. The MyChevrolet site only says tire rotation at 4k, no oil change until 10k. Apparently, he couldn't see the one at 18k, when I bought the car.

It would useful to know if I have one more oil change left of not within the 2/24,000 covered maintenance. I have 6000 miles and 7 months until the covered maintenance is up.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I know for Mercedes, the dealers have what's called a VMI and it lists all the stuff that was paid for by Mercedes, regardless of the dealer it was done at. VMI stands for Vehicle Master Inquiry. i am not sure if Chevy has such a thing, but I would suspect they do. But to your other point, I think there should be a way to tell at the dealer if you have another one coming. Sounds like you do have one more change left, depending on the in-service date of the car as shown in GM's system.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Owner.gm.com leads to the MyGm/MyChevrolet sites, neither of which gave me much info. I went in person to the dealership nearest me and he said all he could see was an oil change at 4k and one at 10k. The MyChevrolet site only says tire rotation at 4k, no oil change until 10k. Apparently, he couldn't see the one at 18k, when I bought the car.

It would useful to know if I have one more oil change left of not within the 2/24,000 covered maintenance. I have 6000 miles and 7 months until the covered maintenance is up.
If the oil changes haven't been recorded then you have oil changes left.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm not asking about whether they're "recorded", because how many are "recorded" apparently varies on where one looks (or more likely, how hard one looks). It's the actual number that I want.

Also, I would like to get the service/maintenance/warranty work history on this car. I thought making a trip in person to the service department might be useful, but I got a world-class blow-off instead. A few minutes of effort apparently was too much to ask.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I'm not asking about whether they're "recorded", because how many are "recorded" apparently varies on where one looks (or more likely, how hard one looks). It's the actual number that I want.

Also, I would like to get the service/maintenance/warranty work history on this car. I thought making a trip in person to the service department might be useful, but I got a world-class blow-off instead. A few minutes of effort apparently was too much to ask.
Try a different person or dealership. They don't *have* to give you the information. Plus, the nicer you are, the more likely you are to get what you want. If you act entitled (not saying you did by any means) they are less likely to oblige. And of course there are plenty of miserable people at dealerships that shouldn't have a public facing job. Not much you can do about that. (Except the survey)

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try a different person or dealership. They don't *have* to give you the information. Plus, the nicer you are, the more likely you are to get what you want. If you act entitled (not saying you did by any means) they are less likely to oblige.
Probably a good idea to try again. I'm usually pretty polite, especially when asking for help. I wasn't expecting to be blown off so abruptly that; it caught me off guard. This time, I'll be mentally prepared. Ha!

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts

Pretty sure on these "My" sites you have to upload the Service records yourself making them next to useless. I doubt someone would bring their new CRUZE into a Dealer @ 4000 miles for just a rotation? When did you purchase this 2014 CPO CRUZE. You have 2 years from the date of your purchase or until your CRUZE reaches 42K if I did the math correctly for your free service. If they did one at 18,000 you should have one more. Part of the problem buying a used car is you never know what is or wasn't done?

All of our 2011-16 Chevrolet CPO vehicles come with two factory-backed auto warranties that combine to provide fantastic coverage: a new, longer 6-Year/100,000-Mile1Powertrain Limited Warranty along with a 12-Month/12,000-Mile5 Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty, both with $0 deductible

1 - 10 of 10 Posts