Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member with a 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco I bought brand new in 2011 with 11 miles on it. Blew the engine at 86k miles under warranty. Now up to 165k ish and starting to have what seems to be common, impossible gremlins! Service Stabilitrak/Traction Control, underboost error code causing check engine light, air and heat controls broked (only blows through the dash), etc.! Hope to learn and share all I can with fellow Cruze owners I still like the car, so will drive til the wheels fall off (hopefully that's not the next issue). :grim:

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,534 Posts
Welcome!

The stabilitrack/TC lights may be associated with the CEL code. If it's anything that limits power (an underboost code, for example), it will flag these lights as well.

Turbo wastegate issues and boost leaks are common with these cars...lots of turbos have been replaced for wastegate pivot pin wear. Wouldn't hurt to do a search about testing for boost leaks though - the hose at the throttle body is quite common.

As far as the dash vents - that one's an annoying and pretty involved repair that involves removing most of the dash to get at a $5 plastic gear that has fallen out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts