Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seems like I've read somewhere the glow plugs on our Cruzes are supposed to last 100K miles. I'm at 165K and still on the originals. I have noticed the past couple days when remote starting, it sounds a bit different for the first few seconds. I may just be overanalyzing. :)

Either way, Can someone with access to a service manual please post the replacement procedure here?

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Not sure the design on the glow plug on the Cruze. Had a 95 Mercedes and broke a plug off in the aluminum head, never got it out, also there was a special tool to ream out the carbon on Mercedes, I know you have a older Mercedes diesel. Just be careful if removing them. Good luck.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'll get you some info on it. But I'm sure the car would let you know if they were bad or going bad.

·
Registered
355 Posts
After consulting the information on the system, I can conclude that you should not worry about the glow plugs unless you are getting a check engine light, or the wait to start light is behaving abnormally. The glow plugs have their own module, and the system monitors not only voltages, but glow plug temperatures. If something is wrong with the glow plugs, the car will let you know through the wait to start light or the check engine light. As for changing them, you need a special tool, but other than that they come out pretty much like spark plugs, looks very easy on ours.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome, thanks!!

·
Registered
2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel “49000 miles”
55 Posts
Where do
Attached from Service Information Engine Controls and Fuel - 2.0L (LUZ) Diesel/Repair Instructions/Glow Plug Replacement
where did you get your documents? They look professional and I’d like access to a source such as yours. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,209 Posts
Looks like the Factory Service Manual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts