Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 2.0 turbo diesel.. P20E2 and P20E4 codes and glow plug light is staying on. I鈥檓 pretty sure codes are for exhaust sensors but what about glow plug light? Please any info would be much appreciated. Thanks 馃ズ

Reverend Red Bull
Codes are for EGT1/2 correlation and EGT 2/3 correlation. Exhaust Gas Temp sensor #2 is probably bad, or has damage to its wiring.

No idea on the glow plug light, but they're not that expensive, and I'd be replacing them preventatively on a 2014 before they seize into the holes and break. When I replaced mine last fall with around 174k miles on them, there was a significant notch burned into one side, and a significant improvement in starting after replacement. While replacing, check all the wires. If that fixes the light, you're set. If it doesn't, it's not a bad idea to do anyway, and you've ruled something out. Using a scanner that can scan the glow plug control module for codes wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Is that something that I would need to take to a shop to do? (Glow plug) I know I鈥檇 have to take in for sensor(s) since I don鈥檛 have a lift lol

Registered
2014 Cruze Diesel
Codes are for EGT1/2 correlation and EGT 2/3 correlation. Exhaust Gas Temp sensor #2 is probably bad, or has damage to its wiring.

No idea on the glow plug light, but they're not that expensive, and I'd be replacing them preventatively on a 2014 before they seize into the holes and break. When I replaced mine last fall with around 174k miles on them, there was a significant notch burned into one side, and a significant improvement in starting after replacement. While replacing, check all the wires. If that fixes the light, you're set. If it doesn't, it's not a bad idea to do anyway, and you've ruled something out. Using a scanner that can scan the glow plug control module for codes wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Hmm. This post has made me realize I should probably do mine like... soon. At about 145k or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts