Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
15,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So do you have an idea where the leak may be coming from - reference the video.
Can't tell from the video but it's a huge leak. Start spraying everything in the engine bay with soapy water and see where it starts bubbling.

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,947 Posts
Can't tell from the video but it's a huge leak. Start spraying everything in the engine bay with soapy water and see where it starts bubbling.

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk
It occurs when I hit 13-17 psi, but only with constant pressure. When I drive it only happens on occasion and I can tell because the engine bogs a bit.

On my second try, I did spray soapy water and no bubbles. It does get louder as get closer to the bottom of the throttle body spacer though as seen at about 2:20-2:30

·
Registered
6 Posts
It occurs when I hit 13-17 psi, but only with constant pressure. When I drive it only happens on occasion and I can tell because the engine bogs a bit.

On my second try, I did spray soapy water and no bubbles. It does get louder as get closer to the bottom of the throttle body spacer though as seen at about 2:20-2:30
Hi Blasirl,

Did you ever found the leak? Asking because I might have a similar if not the same one lol.

·
Super Moderator
6,947 Posts
I have since then, but have corrected them so far. I do not think they are related as the leak is not something that occurs at normal boost levels.

The 171 was from when I checked on the orange nipple and accidentally pulled the clip out too far and subsequently lost the plastic ring when it and the o-ring fell out.

I've cleaned the MAF &, Turbo Boost sensors as well cleaning and re-oiling my air cleaner and that has cleared the other two.

P0420, p0171, P0?? I forgot the last one, but it was like P0129 if I remember correctly.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts