Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

581 - 587 of 587 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I installed the kit this past weekend. Spent about 4 hours on the car including replacing the cam cover and vac hose that runs from the turbo to the intake manifold just above the missing flapper valve. I looked for an easier to service place to put the pcv valve and could find none that I felt comfortable with. no good and good looking way to do it.
Thanks XR for putting the kit together.
Anything else to replace while your doing this job ? I just orderd the dorman valve cover and intake manifold. Was wondering if anything else should be replaced as preventative I have a 2012 cruze eco 6 speed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anything else to replace while your doing this job ? I just orderd the dorman valve cover and intake manifold. Was wondering if anything else should be replaced as preventative I have a 2012 cruze eco 6 speed.
I used GM parts for the cam cover and the turbo return tube. I did not replace the intake manifold, just cleaned it and performed the fix. I reused the rubber intake manifold gasket but would have replaced it if I had planned better. The o-rings on my fuel injectors were in really good shape and I reused them too adding white lithium grease on them during reassembly. You may want to have those available though in case yours are not in great shape.

·
Super Moderator
6,954 Posts
That is a pretty good video, just remember to clean the port before installing the screw. His looked clean but he did not mention that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. Very useful topic. I am a new/newer member with a 2013 Cruze LT 1.4 L. Recently changed my Valve cover due to the built in PCV valve diaphragm breaking, causing a whistle noise with rough idle and oil leak. So far so good ... with that ... for now. I also had oil leak from camshaft solenoid valve gaskets ... which I replaced and now good to go.

Now I have a noise which may be from the crankshaft seal. Is this a result of the intake manifold creating unnecessary pressure at all these points?

If so, is the DORMAN intake manifold a recommended option from Rock Auto for the less mechanically inclined as opposed to this V1 or V2 kits? They have a plastic piece that prevents the check valve from dislodging and appears to be a viable option.

·
Administrator
15,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #586
Hello. Very useful topic. I am a new/newer member with a 2013 Cruze LT 1.4 L. Recently changed my Valve cover due to the built in PCV valve diaphragm breaking, causing a whistle noise with rough idle and oil leak. So far so good ... with that ... for now. I also had oil leak from camshaft solenoid valve gaskets ... which I replaced and now good to go.

Now I have a noise which may be from the crankshaft seal. Is this a result of the intake manifold creating unnecessary pressure at all these points?

If so, is the DORMAN intake manifold a recommended option from Rock Auto for the less mechanically inclined as opposed to this V1 or V2 kits? They have a plastic piece that prevents the check valve from dislodging and appears to be a viable option.
As noted, the check valve not dislodging doesn't guarantee it will continue working properly. It can get torn/cracked, caked/coked and stuck shut, or leak. It's a bad design to begin with.

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,954 Posts

Buy the kit and not another intake, soon before it blows the valve cover again.

581 - 587 of 587 Posts