Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

581 - 600 of 718 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cruze Eco 6 Speed
217 Posts
I installed the kit this past weekend. Spent about 4 hours on the car including replacing the cam cover and vac hose that runs from the turbo to the intake manifold just above the missing flapper valve. I looked for an easier to service place to put the pcv valve and could find none that I felt comfortable with. no good and good looking way to do it.
Thanks XR for putting the kit together.
Anything else to replace while your doing this job ? I just orderd the dorman valve cover and intake manifold. Was wondering if anything else should be replaced as preventative I have a 2012 cruze eco 6 speed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Anything else to replace while your doing this job ? I just orderd the dorman valve cover and intake manifold. Was wondering if anything else should be replaced as preventative I have a 2012 cruze eco 6 speed.
I used GM parts for the cam cover and the turbo return tube. I did not replace the intake manifold, just cleaned it and performed the fix. I reused the rubber intake manifold gasket but would have replaced it if I had planned better. The o-rings on my fuel injectors were in really good shape and I reused them too adding white lithium grease on them during reassembly. You may want to have those available though in case yours are not in great shape.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. Very useful topic. I am a new/newer member with a 2013 Cruze LT 1.4 L. Recently changed my Valve cover due to the built in PCV valve diaphragm breaking, causing a whistle noise with rough idle and oil leak. So far so good ... with that ... for now. I also had oil leak from camshaft solenoid valve gaskets ... which I replaced and now good to go.

Now I have a noise which may be from the crankshaft seal. Is this a result of the intake manifold creating unnecessary pressure at all these points?

If so, is the DORMAN intake manifold a recommended option from Rock Auto for the less mechanically inclined as opposed to this V1 or V2 kits? They have a plastic piece that prevents the check valve from dislodging and appears to be a viable option.

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #586
Hello. Very useful topic. I am a new/newer member with a 2013 Cruze LT 1.4 L. Recently changed my Valve cover due to the built in PCV valve diaphragm breaking, causing a whistle noise with rough idle and oil leak. So far so good ... with that ... for now. I also had oil leak from camshaft solenoid valve gaskets ... which I replaced and now good to go.

Now I have a noise which may be from the crankshaft seal. Is this a result of the intake manifold creating unnecessary pressure at all these points?

If so, is the DORMAN intake manifold a recommended option from Rock Auto for the less mechanically inclined as opposed to this V1 or V2 kits? They have a plastic piece that prevents the check valve from dislodging and appears to be a viable option.
As noted, the check valve not dislodging doesn't guarantee it will continue working properly. It can get torn/cracked, caked/coked and stuck shut, or leak. It's a bad design to begin with.

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,949 Posts

Buy the kit and not another intake, soon before it blows the valve cover again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 cruze. My vacuum regulator diaphragm is sucking air. I'm planning on installing the v2 fix. Do I need to replace the cover also?

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #589
2014 cruze. My vacuum regulator diaphragm is sucking air. I'm planning on installing the v2 fix. Do I need to replace the cover also?
Yes, valve cover is a separate component so that will need to be done also. Be sure to use an OEM cover.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes, valve cover is a separate component so that will need to be done also. Be sure to use an OEM cover.

How often do we need to clean the check valve? My cruze is leaking oil from pretty much everywhere, but it could be the oil cooler I think the gasket replacement went bad, but I want to check everything out while im in there for the second time.

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #591
How often do we need to clean the check valve? My cruze is leaking oil from pretty much everywhere, but it could be the oil cooler I think the gasket replacement went bad, but I want to check everything out while im in there for the second time.
If you're using a decent synthetic oil? Once every 75k-100k miles I'd guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey XR, Seems like I read some where that a V3 was coming out soon. Any idea when and what the changes may be?

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #593
Hey XR, Seems like I read some where that a V3 was coming out soon. Any idea when and what the changes may be?
Going to be delayed now for a few weeks due to inventory issues. My restocking order didn't arrive when expected and I'm going on vacation next week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another person from the UK with this problem!

I see you’re on vacation at the moment so I understand if you don’t reply.

I have seen your video on YouTube for the v3 kit and it look great!
I have managed to source all the parts to make this and only require one more thing, the little plastic clip that blocks the hole.
The clip looks like it’s part of the plastic rivets that are used to hold parts of car on, is this correct?
Can you tell me what the diameter of the hole it goes into is?

Also my original check valve is still in place, if I break it off, is there a way of getting the old piece out without removing the intake manifold?

Thank you and have a good Christmas.

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #595
Another person from the UK with this problem!

I see you’re on vacation at the moment so I understand if you don’t reply.

I have seen your video on YouTube for the v3 kit and it look great!
I have managed to source all the parts to make this and only require one more thing, the little plastic clip that blocks the hole.
The clip looks like it’s part of the plastic rivets that are used to hold parts of car on, is this correct?
Can you tell me what the diameter of the hole it goes into is?

Also my original check valve is still in place, if I break it off, is there a way of getting the old piece out without removing the intake manifold?

Thank you and have a good Christmas.
Run me by exactly what you purchased please. Some of these parts are not easily adapted. The exact hose and check valve used are very important as is the epoxy used. Not trying to discourage you but I've seen far too many instances where someone deviated from my design not realizing why certain design decisions were made and ended up causing themselves issues down the road.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not purchased yet, but in my basket to click go on.
The only other think I couldn’t get was your custom 16mm - 8mm tee, so I just got a straight reducer.

I completely understand, and I’m not trying to do you out of any money, it’s just the cost of the shipping and customs etc to the UK makes it expensive.

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #597
Not purchased yet, but in my basket to click go on.
The only other think I couldn’t get was your custom 16mm - 8mm tee, so I just got a straight reducer.

I completely understand, and I’m not trying to do you out of any money, it’s just the cost of the shipping and customs etc to the UK makes it expensive.
Everything looks OK except for the fuel hose. Fuel hose in general is too soft for the amount of vacuum these engines apply. You need 5/8" PCV hose rated for vacuum. The stuff I'll be shipping in January is Dayco PCV hose rated at 15-20 in-hg vacuum. Fuel hose is fine for the 5/16" section but not for the 5/8" section.

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #598
Also, the Y fitting needs to be PA6 nylon barbed specifically for nylon hose use. You can use rubber hose on nylon hose barbs but not the other way around. If you use those Y fittings, you have to replace the nylon line on the EVAP purge valve with rubber hose. It's certainly an option but you need to know it's going to be a requirement with the fittings you chose.

As for the clip, I can send you one, but I spent over $300 buying various clips and trying them as well as butchering a manifold. I'll send you a PM with details.

581 - 600 of 718 Posts