15,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #602
I am looking to purchase a v2 kit. How do I go about doing this 2015 cruze
You can order it from cruzekits.com.

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Going to be delayed now for a few weeks due to inventory issues. My restocking order didn't arrive when expected and I'm going on vacation next week.

Is there an update on the V3 kit? My wife's 2014 cruze lost its 4th intake cover and I want to fix it myself since the power train warranty is up.

·
Administrator
15,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #605
Is there an update on the V3 kit? My wife's 2014 cruze lost its 4th intake cover and I want to fix it myself since the power train warranty is up.
Shoot me your email address in a PM and I'll send you an invoice for one. I can have it shipped out tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
46 Posts
GM 1.4L Turbo Intake Manifold PCV Valve Fix Kits
...............V3 kit ?????
Please tell me about it .
My daughter has a 2012 with 53k on it that will probably need it
soon.

Thank you for all your help !!!

(sending you a PM) thx

·
Registered
1 Posts
I couldn't find a list of the things contained in the V2 kit. Is an intake manifold gasket included? I am getting ready to install on a 2011 Cruze with 105K miles. I assume it will need the gasket replaced. Thank you.

·
Administrator
15,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #608
I couldn't find a list of the things contained in the V2 kit. Is an intake manifold gasket included? I am getting ready to install on a 2011 Cruze with 105K miles. I assume it will need the gasket replaced. Thank you.
Manifold gasket isn't included. Just all of the hardware, hose, and epoxy needed to install the kit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So... installed v1 kit today, everything went well until I went to start the car.
I turned the key to accessory, and immediately got code p0123 (tps) and stabilitak needed servicing. I originally had no codes.
After a quick google search I found that it was my own fault from ignorance.
When I took the throttle body off I tried taking the black cover off - 5 clips hold it on - DONT do this!! I was just curious and was cleaning everything before putting it all back together.
So in doing this I guess I messed up the gearing or something, and now I need a new TB.
86 dollar lesson.

Besides this, car was running great, and am glad to have installed this kit. Thanks for your service XtremeRevolution!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed the V3 kit today along with changing the valve cover.

My notes:

I had to clean the old valve location in the intake pretty aggressively with a good bit of brake cleaner before it came clean.

The insertion of the clip into the hole is incredibly tedious, I almost lost the clip into the intake manifold. My hands were a bit shaky though from nerves. After a couple attempts and some fresh epoxy I got it in there. I wonder if there is a special tool that could be molded for one time use to insert the clip without risk of dropping it

The rest of the hose and fitting assembly went just fine. I bought a new hose to get the new check valve at the turbo end just to be thorough.

After putting things back together the engine had to turn over for a little bit before running the first time, after starting I had some white smoke that lasted for a little while during the test drive but subsided after a few miles. I assume this was excess brake cleaner burning off. At the end I had some faintly green odorless fluid dripping from the tailpipe, but not much. I assume this was condensate/corrosion/something just coming out of the muffler. I'll keep an eye on it.

The codes did not resurface during the test drive and everything was back to normal!

As an aside, the valve cover switch was not too bad. I was pleasantly surprised by a very clean camshaft area in the 121k mile engine, it looks like the pictures on the forum post of the 36k mile engine. Overall, quite pleased.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I installed the V3 kit today along with changing the valve cover.

My notes:

I had to clean the old valve location in the intake pretty aggressively with a good bit of brake cleaner before it came clean.

The insertion of the clip into the hole is incredibly tedious, I almost lost the clip into the intake manifold. My hands were a bit shaky though from nerves. After a couple attempts and some fresh epoxy I got it in there. I wonder if there is a special tool that could be molded for one time use to insert the pin without clip of dropping it

The rest of the hose and fitting assembly went just fine. I bought a new hose to get the new check valve at the turbo end just to be thorough.

After putting things back together the engine had to turn over for a little bit before running the first time, after starting I had some white smoke that lasted for a little while during the test drive but subsided after a few miles. I assume this was excess brake cleaner burning off. At the end I had some faintly green odorless fluid dripping from the tailpipe, but not much. I assume this was condensate/corrosion/something just coming out of the muffler. I'll keep an eye on it.

The codes did not resurface during the test drive and everything was back to normal!

As an aside, the valve cover switch was not too bad. I was pleasantly surprised by a very clean camshaft area in the 121k mile engine, it looks like the pictures on the forum post of the 36k mile engine. Overall, quite pleased.
Hello, any pics of the v3 kit? Instructions? Haven't found any info yet on the kit.

·
Administrator
15,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #613
Hello, any pics of the v3 kit? Instructions? Haven't found any info yet on the kit.
Search YouTube for "v3 pcv fix kit."

·
Registered
102 Posts
Search YouTube for "v3 pcv fix kit."

Thanks for the search. Almost the same design I did a couple months ago.

Mine though I had a dorman intake and I tapped a hole on the passenger side below turbo pcv tube and inserted an epoxy plug there then epoxied in a quick connect male end like the end the brake vacuum connects to.

Then I ran a line to a catch can and installed the check valve on the outlet of the can and then ran it to a quick tee I installed where the brake vacuum line connects to the intake.

Very nice design you have to offer those in need of this.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Replaced my crankcase seal today and it looked fine, but was chirping at idle some, want to inquire about how much vacuum my engine should have at idle. It varies between 17-22 in. This is the gauge im reading that on. Does that sound like too much? Want to make sure the fix is functioning as it should. Thx

·
Administrator
15,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #616
Replaced my crankcase seal today and it looked fine, but was chirping at idle some, want to inquire about how much vacuum my engine should have at idle. It varies between 17-22 in. This is the gauge im reading that on. Does that sound like too much? Want to make sure the fix is functioning as it should. Thx

View attachment 285145
Crankcase should be at 11-18 inches of water vacuum. If it's not, your valve cover is bad.

·
Administrator
15,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #618
TY for the reply. That is brand new installed from the dealership and was covered under warranty. So... any other ideas?
Just because it's new doesn't mean it's not defective. Keep in mind engine must be hot and you should be measuring actual crankcase vacuum, not intake. Easiest way to do this is to push a 1/4" fuel hose into the dipstick port. Engine must be hot and idling when you're testing. That 11-18 inches of water vacuum is per GM specs.

601 - 620 of 620 Posts