Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

721 - 740 of 748 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, it’s been mapped.
What psi do these run at standard and mapped normally?
Is there an upgraded actuator out there?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
1,430 Posts
Yes, it’s been mapped.
What is mapped?

and yes

·
Registered
588 Posts
Are you tuned? That’s a lot of boost. And yes the stock one will blow open on higher boost tunes at higher RPMs.
Lies, I showed you my logs. I was hitting 20+ to redline in every gear and wastegate duty cycle was at like 75% lol.

I think I lucked out on my turbo, checked it today for the 1st time. Exhaust side is solid, no play and spins easily. I think I'm the 1st member who doesn't have the crack in my turbo. I have a small crack where the waste gate seats on that lip and that's it.

I don't have a crack extending the housing that I've seen everyone else have 🤷‍♂️

I'll post pics soon

·
Registered
588 Posts
In that latest tune where I told them to push the car. I could be wot at 22 psi and literally push the pedal to the floor and instead of feeling like the car was limiting itself, it would push you back in the seat and hit 28 psi and injector duty cycle was 106% lmfao.

The datalog was saying delivered torque was 220
I don't use that tune anymore cause I don't want to break anything, but was definitely shocking.

I can do this on the stock bypass spring and stock actuator 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
588 Posts
Stock
Yes, it’s been mapped.
The platform is torque based. The ecm will push the turbo up to 16 psi to meet the target torque level requested by the driver in stock settings.

Anything say over 22 will require bigger injectors. If you go that route and constantly beat on the car, I would recommend upgrading the internals.. forged pistons etc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mapped / remapped / tuned, It’s what we (British) call it when the ecu is tuned / re-programmed.

I don't plan to do anything else performance wise, just wanted a bit more poke from it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Mapped / remapped / tuned, It’s what we (British) call it when the ecu is tuned / re-programmed.

I don't plan to do anything else performance wise, just wanted a bit more poke from it.
Standard is up to 16psi area. Mapped is whatever you and your tuner decides. It can boost up to 30 psi I believe, engine wouldn't handle it tho

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, so I'm starting to install the V3 kit and just discovered I lost the plastic ring for the manifold corrugated hose. Are there any replacements anywhere without buying a whole new hose?

·
Administrator
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #730
Ok, so I'm starting to install the V3 kit and just discovered I lost the plastic ring for the manifold corrugated hose. Are there any replacements anywhere without buying a whole new hose?
Yeah I sell a replacement on cruzekits.com for $7.

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
So after approximately 80k on my fix kit I took some time to pull it off and clean it out. So glad that I did, car is running soooo much better now. I also replaced the intake and tb gaskets along with resealed the fitting for the pcv kit to the manifold. It is so nice to be able to service this now.

·
Administrator
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #734
So after approximately 80k on my fix kit I took some time to pull it off and clean it out. So glad that I did, car is running soooo much better now. I also replaced the intake and tb gaskets along with resealed the fitting for the pcv kit to the manifold. It is so nice to be able to service this now.
What did you find when you cleaned it? Just so I can update my maintenance recommendations.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
What did you find when you cleaned it? Just so I can update my maintenance recommendations.

The valve itself seemed to be sticking and took what I felt was a lot of pressure to blow through it. This was comparing my current valve to a valve that I have from an extra V2 kit I have on hand.

After running a few rounds of brake clean through it, it didn’t take no where near the pressure to get air to go through it as it did when I started.

·
Administrator
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #736
The valve itself seemed to be sticking and took what I felt was a lot of pressure to blow through it. This was comparing my current valve to a valve that I have from an extra V2 kit I have on hand.

After running a few rounds of brake clean through it, it didn’t take no where near the pressure to get air to go through it as it did when I started.
When did you start noticing symptoms and what were they?

This is good feedback. Thank you. 80k miles is a good life for a pcv system check valve.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
When did you start noticing symptoms and what were they?

This is good feedback. Thank you. 80k miles is a good life for a pcv system check valve.

about 2 months ago I started getting some random misfires with no codes.

tried to leak test the intake tract and there was definitely something up with the pcv system as the valve cover was leaking at under 5psi. I still feel that I need to replace the hose to the turbo as well at this point as it didn’t seem to be sealing as it should while I had it off when cleaning the pcv check valve.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have no idea, but it doesn't change anything in the emissions system... blowby still gets routed to the intake during vacuum and boosting to be burned again. I have the version 2 in the kit and you can't even see the modification done on the bottom of the intake manifold. Doesn't trigger a check engine light or alter how it works from the manufacturer. Should be fine...
Well I sent the car back to California without installation of the kits. I had talked with several of my California Smog technicians (we all went to Auto Tech Schools together in Cali), they indicated it could be found out and would then not pass smog as a modification. So now I have the complete kit that has never been used and I do not know how to get my money back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I sent the car back to California without installation of the kits. I had talked with several of my California Smog technicians (we all went to Auto Tech Schools together in Cali), they indicated it could be found out and would then not pass smog as a modification. So now I have the complete kit that has never been used and I do not know how to get my money back.
I did replace the intake, torqued it properly and replaced all sensors. The only issue was, later in California, a intercooler hose had a leak and a fault code developed. A Chevrolet dealer resolved the issue.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
1,430 Posts
Why not, what was the reasoning? All it technically does is route air back into the intake, it wouldn’t change anything smog related.

721 - 740 of 748 Posts