Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
801 - 820 of 865 Posts

·
Administrator
15,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #801 ·
I did the fix kit a bit under a year ago on my new to me car (126k now). It started the main seal squeal recently with dipstick in place (and car at operating temp). The diaphragm has broken. I checked the check valve and it’s working. The plug is still in place from what I can tell (it’s pretty oily down there). Anything I should check or address before I pop a new valve cover on there (I’ll be sure to check chain guide bolts while it’s open)? I’ll check the check valve to turbo in morning when it’s not hot.

(You might want to add seal squeal coming from serpentine belt area which stops when removing dipstick to PCV diagnosis post)
The valve covers will still fail periodically, but they should last longer with the PCV fix kit on. You'll need to put on a new valve cover and go from there. What valve cover was on there that failed? How many miles on that one?

Sent from my BlackBerry Key2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
So car purchased 109k, ran to 126k on pcv fix. Just checked, it’s a Dorman valve cover. No real way of knowing age of it. Car history has turbo repair or replace at 35k. 39k dealer visits stop and random shops start. 93k “turbo checked”. Maybe around then is the time (but speculation).

Also just checked valve at turbo. Easy flow into turbo. Away from turbo, it leaks (requires a fair bit of pressure) when blowing into line. Will order a new one and replace to be safe

·
Administrator
15,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #804 ·
So car purchased 109k, ran to 126k on pcv fix. Just checked, it’s a Dorman valve cover. No real way of knowing age of it. Car history has turbo repair or replace at 35k. 39k dealer visits stop and random shops start. 93k “turbo checked”. Maybe around then is the time (but speculation).

Also just checked valve at turbo. Easy flow into turbo. Away from turbo, it leaks (requires a fair bit of pressure) when blowing into line. Will order a new one and replace to be safe
Slight leak is totally fine. The manifold produces far more vacuum than your mouth does, and seals with more negative pressure as a result.

Always use OEM valve covers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I replaced my cam cover today and took all my V3 parts and hoses apart and found them full of oil, so cleaned them all out and checked all the check valves.
The check valve that goes into the turbo has failed, I cleaned it out with brake cleaner and it started to get better but still not working properly, does anyone know the part number for it so I can replace it?

·
100,000 Mile Club
2014 Cruze 2LT 1.4L Auto. Crystal Red Tintcoat.
31 Posts
Hey XR, I bought a V3 kit and watched the video twice, I just want to be ABSOLUTLY sure that I put the new check valve in faceing the correct way. According to your video it appears the flow arrow would be pointing to the Driver`s side front fender. Is this correct? I thought I found some conflicting information elseware. It seems to me that it should be flowing to the turbo. I wanted to get this straight from you. Thanks,

·
Administrator
15,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #807 ·
Hey XR, I bought a V3 kit and watched the video twice, I just want to be ABSOLUTLY sure that I put the new check valve in faceing the correct way. According to your video it appears the flow arrow would be pointing to the Driver`s side front fender. Is this correct? I thought I found some conflicting information elseware. It seems to me that it should be flowing to the turbo. I wanted to get this straight from you. Thanks,
It needs to be 2" away from the T fitting, flowing away from the T fitting and toward the Y fitting.

·
100,000 Mile Club
2014 Cruze 2LT 1.4L Auto. Crystal Red Tintcoat.
31 Posts
It needs to be 2" away from the T fitting, flowing away from the T fitting and toward the Y fitting.

Great, Thanks! I will be doing this on Tuesday. I will post a pic.

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Andrei just put in a follow up order with some replacement check valves and that alignment/retainer ring. Pretty sure I have a slight vacuum leak from that connection since I'm 99% sure I lost that ring when installing the V3.3 kit a few months ago. On the store page it mentions a rubber O-ring that those rings keep in place - do you include that as well? I don't want to pop that connection off again right now but would that probably be gone too if we lost the alignment ring?

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,670 Posts
Hey Andrei just put in a follow up order with some replacement check valves and that alignment/retainer ring. Pretty sure I have a slight vacuum leak from that connection since I'm 99% sure I lost that ring when installing the V3.3 kit a few months ago. On the store page it mentions a rubber O-ring that those rings keep in place - do you include that as well? I don't want to pop that connection off again right now but would that probably be gone too if we lost the alignment ring?
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

·
Administrator
13,670 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Morning

I have a 2015 LTZ with 135,000 miles on it. Car usually runs great, but mileage has been less that I had with my 2012 manual (32mpg avg vs. 26.5mpg avg) I had installed a V2 PCV fix approximately 20,000 miles ago. Recently I have been plagued with P0171 code. It comes and goes. I brought it to the dealer and they diagnosed valve cover, however that is the first thing I changed. So the kept digging and found the PCV bypass, they were a bit baffled and stated that my trim levels were high, but when they clamped down the hose the trim levels went back to normal? They wanted to install a new manifold, but I paid the diagnostic fee and did not have any repairs done. Soo. Anybody have any idea what might be the problem?

·
Administrator
13,670 Posts
Good Morning

I have a 2015 LTZ with 135,000 miles on it. Car usually runs great, but mileage has been less that I had with my 2012 manual (32mpg avg vs. 26.5mpg avg) I had installed a V2 PCV fix approximately 20,000 miles ago. Recently I have been plagued with P0171 code. It comes and goes. I brought it to the dealer and they diagnosed valve cover, however that is the first thing I changed. So the kept digging and found the PCV bypass, they were a bit baffled and stated that my trim levels were high, but when they clamped down the hose the trim levels went back to normal? They wanted to install a new manifold, but I paid the diagnostic fee and did not have any repairs done. Soo. Anybody have any idea what might be the problem?
Welcome Aboard!(y)

Have you cleaned the check valve lately?

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

A code P0171 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty
Note: The use of "oiled" air filters may cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled.
There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry.
There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor
Possible cracked vacuum or PCV line/connection
Faulty or stuck open PCV valve
Failed or faulty oxygen sensor (bank 1, sensor 1)
Sticking/plugged or failed fuel injector
Low fuel pressure (possible plugged/dirty fuel filter!)
Exhaust leak between engine and first oxygen sensor
Read more at: OBD-II DTC: P0171 System Too Lean (Bank 1)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi.

did the V1 about 3 years ago on my 2011 Cruze. . and now i'm seeing oil creeping out though front of the engine and getting my serpertine belt greasy.

i don't mind switching to the V3 and replace the valve cover. Any recommendation of how to plug the hole drilled for the checkvalve fitting?

plus, i want to make sure the internal checkvalve plug is still sealed.

·
Administrator
13,670 Posts
Hi.

did the V1 about 3 years ago on my 2011 Cruze. . and now i'm seeing oil creeping out though front of the engine and getting my serpertine belt greasy.

i don't mind switching to the V3 and replace the valve cover. Any recommendation of how to plug the hole drilled for the checkvalve fitting?

plus, i want to make sure the internal checkvalve plug is still sealed.
Just remove and clean out the replacement check valve. No need to replace it.

Clean off any area with oil or other fluids with brake cleaner and monitor for any drips to locate the leak. In the "front" of the engine the likely culprits are the CAPSV's the front crank seal and the valve cover, probably in that order.

How-To: Replace CPASV (Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid Valve) Seals
How-To: 1.4L Gen 1 front crankshaft seal replacement
How-To: Replace the Valve/Camshaft Cover (1.4L Turbo)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

I was wondering if these kits help with the P0171 and P1101 codes? I have replaced my MAF sensor and valve cover and I am still having issues with rough idle.

I remember reading that theres a valve in the intake manifold that "gets stuck" and was wondering if these kits remove the need for this valve?

EDIT: Nevermind, the video states it does. Hoping this helps the problem codes and rough idle. Anyone have an install video of the 3.4 version? Ive only found 3.1.

·
Administrator
13,670 Posts
Hi,

I was wondering if these kits help with the P0171 and P1101 codes? I have replaced my MAF sensor and valve cover and I am still having issues with rough idle.

I remember reading that theres a valve in the intake manifold that "gets stuck" and was wondering if these kits remove the need for this valve?

EDIT: Nevermind, the video states it does. Hoping this helps the problem codes and rough idle. Anyone have an install video of the 3.4 version? Ive only found 3.1.
2011-2016 Cruze 1.4 PCV Valve Cover/Intake Manifold Issues

only minor differences.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

So i bought the 3.4v of the kit and just got the 2 check valve option. Can anyone let me know if the valve still works properly if its breaks in half, but can still click back together? I managed to do this on both valves :/

801 - 820 of 865 Posts