Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a 2011 LS and from my research it used to have a dealer installed option for ambient lighting. I've seen post I'm here before about it. The one for this has been discontinued but is still featured in newer models as well as other gm cars. It's virtually LEDs with a wire hook up featuring a connector. It can be viewed on gm accessory zone under electrical accessories for 2012 and up. My question is where was this particular item supposed to connect to? Because if I can find the stock plug in for this add on I believe I can easily purchase a similar connector and just plug in led lights I can purchase elsewhere for much much less. Again i looking for where gm has reserved for the ambient light hook up to plug in on the 2011 ls.
What's the part number?

·
Registered
198 Posts
There aren't even any pics that I can locate on this item...would be interesting to see someone get them!

Reactions: Starks8

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah, every last one if these sites list it at over 200 or 300 dollars. I used to own a cobalt and has lights from one end of it to the other and it was actually nice because it was a very CLEAN install. Doing these lights are by no means a challenge however, this car has just a little more of a touch of class Thant cobalt did and I'm not aiming for the bright look. I've noticed all of the ambient lighting kits are of a more subtle hue, much different from what streetglow or LEDGlow is aiming for. I like the look of that but at 300 dollars I'm gonna have to pass. I don't know if they cost that much because they are or a different style which gives them their look, or just what. I know they would really go well with the bluish green display in our cars as well as most of gms late models. All of the blue from the typical led companies are all too intense of a blue. So yeah with gms ridiculous price ill pass.

Exactly...you COULD do this yourself but the monoply on this aqua green color is why GM commands such high prices. I'm all about matching colors..... but I'll pass till I see in action.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.