Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good news for American Auto Makers with G.M. having their best May in 7 years!

General Motors' sales of new vehicles appear unfazed by its widely publicized series of recalls, some of them linked to fatalities.
GM said sales in May were up 13% from a year ago for its best month since August 2008. That trumped Ford Motor's rise of 3% but lagged Chrysler Group's booming 17% gain.

GM sales unfazed by recalls; Chrysler booms, Ford up

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
And Cruze sales were up 41% for May.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Everyone is trading in there Colbalts, HHRs and Saturn's!! Lol

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Everyone is trading in there Colbalts, HHRs and Saturn's!! Lol
When these cars are brought in for the recall(s) - the customer gets a new GM loaner, plus the incentives to trade in the recalled cars = more new car sales.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
159 Posts
When these cars are brought in for the recall(s) - the customer gets a new GM loaner, plus the incentives to trade in the recalled cars = more new car sales.
Could very well be. While I have an HHR I'm not in a rush to get the recall thing done and not interested in loaner but others with the recalled vehicles may have different thoughts.

I was going to wait until next year to get the cruze and just let the $500 April incentive go by but couldn't let the May one slide.

·
Registered
412 Posts
personally, I think with all the re-calls, its showing the public, that GM is really working hard at fixing problems in the past, and that their new cars are safer. if any problems pop up, GM will get it fixed. Just an opinion, and everyone has one.. :)

Even with my coolant issue, and now driving something else. I wish I had kept the Cruze I had.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow $500, big deal. I'd pay $500 plus another $500 to anyone who buys my new CRUZE!
But you don't understand. the GM cars of today are way better than the crappy Cobalts, HHR's, and Malibu's that people are taking in for a recall. After driving one of the newer models they realize just how much junk there car actually is, and can't dump it fast enough. $500 is just icing on a cake, that really needs no icing. With all the media hype, people are still going to be unloading there cars after the recall work has been performed.

·
Registered
158 Posts
GM is improving their image. I've been happy with every GM car I have ever owned. Recalls are prone to happen with any car company at any given time. My previous car was an HHR and it was a solid ride, very low maintenance. The Cruze is my sixth GM product and its about the nicest of them all.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Heard on the news that some guys got canned, others suspended with pay! Not talking about yesterday, like at least a couple of years ago.

Its a well known fact ever since the industrial revolution, if you want to get rich, get into the throwaway line of products. Those that manufactured stuff that lasted forever didn't last very long.

Ha, being made paranoid, is this a scheme to sell more new vehicles? Made the comment to my wife just yesterday, that is cost a lot of money just to make crap, and only for a few cents more, can make any component that would last forever. Like in the semi business, 3 million miles before an overhaul is required. Can't even hit a rotten 200K with the stuff we buy, and we think or made to think, this is good!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Are you refering to the tale of the taylor and the suit of clothes that you never have to wash and that will never wear out .

Great idea in many ways except that people would only have to buy just 1 set of clothes .

An Endless pot of gold is more desireable .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts