Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying unsuccessfully to locate a confirmed match to a factory cruze lug nut. I want a black GM lug nut set for the whole car, but as far as matching the flare/length/pitch I haven't found anything.
Anyone's help is appreciated. If anyone has experience with quality aftermarket lug nuts and can confirm detentions, I would also be interested in that info.
Thanks in advance anyone!

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,099 Posts
I'm trying unsuccessfully to locate a confirmed match to a factory cruze lug nut. I want a black GM lug nut set for the whole car, but as far as matching the flare/length/pitch I haven't found anything.
Anyone's help is appreciated. If anyone has experience with quality aftermarket lug nuts and can confirm detentions, I would also be interested in that info.
Thanks in advance anyone!
I have seen a number of Cruzes using SickSpeed lugs.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,877 Posts
I have black Gorilla Spline Lugs on the Cruze for the MSRs in the spring/summer/fall. I run the same lugs but chrome on my Cobalt, for the 18s. They're narrower and usually a requirement for some aftermarket wheels.

If you don't need spline lugs, McGard makes really good replacement lugs, and I believe you can get standard ones in black.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can match the pitch M12x1.50 with a camaro but I can't confirm the flare. It would have factory black wheels I should be able to order lug nuts from.

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes those would work but you loose a lot of mating surface. Look how small the flare is on those vs. more of a factory style-
I want my wheels held on they are supposed to be, especially running 1/8" spacers in the rear.

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
Are you running a factory wheel? If not, you'll be needing hub-centric spacers - and then you won't have to worry about lug surface. The flare is literally only there to make the wheel-mounting lug-centric. The thread carries the load.

I have Gorilla spline lugs on the MSR wheels on the Cruze, and on my MSRs for my Cobalt - which have way stickier tires (200 treadwear Direzza ZIIs), which I drive much, much, harder, and neither has had an issue (and keep in mind, the Cobalt is a 4-lug car).

I would not worry about it at all - I'm a mechanical engineer and I certainly don't. I have hub-centric spacers on both, and the lugs have plenty of contact surface - I'd certainly say close to or equal to stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts