Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I work at a large GM dealer and just thought i should point out that there has been a bulletin released regarding stones being thrown up at the dog legs of the cruze chipping the leading edge of the 1/4 panel. GM has designed a clear decal that is to be installed in that area and in a lot of cases are repairing existing stone chips in those areas. Its not something they will tell you about, you have to inquire about it and it seems all the latest deliveries off the trucks have them installed allready.

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Can you post a picture of the area covered by this bulletin? Thanks.

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Thanks for the picture. I have the OEM mud flaps for this purpose. On a black car the OEM mud flaps are nearly invisible.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
I really want to put the OEM splash guards on mine, or at least the rear ones. I know they aren't supposed to work with the RS package, but I'm hoping the rears aren't any different. I guess there's no way to really tell short of buying the set of four and seeing if they'll fit around the bumper.

I'd try to see if I could make the front ones work too, somehow.

Some day...

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
The OEM mud flaps wrap around the edge of the rocker panel, which is why they don't fit on the RS package. I'm surprised no one has developed mud flaps for the RS package. You definitely want them on the front as well as rear. I got them to help keep my car cleaner and they do work, despite what some posts on CruzeTalk indicate.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
The front ones yes due to the side skirts, but I didn't think the area behind the back wheel was much different non-RS vs. RS. The bumper itself may dip down a little more in the back, but I'm not sure if the general shape of the back of the rear wheelwell is any different.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Hey guys, I work at a large GM dealer and just thought i should point out that there has been a bulletin released regarding stones being thrown up at the dog legs of the cruze chipping the leading edge of the 1/4 panel. GM has designed a clear decal that is to be installed in that area and in a lot of cases are repairing existing stone chips in those areas. Its not something they will tell you about, you have to inquire about it and it seems all the latest deliveries off the trucks have them installed allready.
Is this stone chipping inevitable or can a proper door alignment/adjustment prevent these stone chips from happening?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Allignment of the rear door is part of the fix. the hinges on these use collared bolts so i remove the bottom bolts and replace them with non shouldered 13mm head galvanized bolts that look just like oem. good find on the wheels evo, they are rtx wheels and my cost on them was like 60 bucks a piece for my winter tires where as a gm steel wheel costs about the same. I have a set of LTZ rims and tires w/ 100km on them if that for sale as i want to put on a set of 20's in the spring

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Why would we need access to SI? Just to get the time of day at the dealer? Im wondering if I would need to have chips already or can just bring in copies and have the film applied to PREVENT chips. I do have access to GMGC so printing copies is no problem.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Wouldn't cover some of the chips on my car anyhow. Oh well, good thing there's Collinite 476...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Time of day? is that some kind of joke? Its gm service info. u need a login to actually see the info that i posted pics of. no u dont need chips there... and i did post the pic with the part #s of said protect decals.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.