Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the ongoing issues i have had with dealers up here in the frozen north....here is the interchange i have had with GM Canada, i realize at the very end i am a bit frustrated, i would like to know what you folks think of all of this, if I am out of line, so be let me know, I'm big enough to say i was wrong

Sorry on the length of this......

Here it starts:

Our US customer care team forwarded your contact information to us regarding the concern you're experiencing on your 2014 Chevrolet Cruze.

We appreciate the details you've provided and apologize for the service experience you've had thus far with McGee Motors as concerns of this nature aren't typical of them.

We rely heavily on our GM certified dealerships for their technical expertise and as our eyes and ears in the field. A diagnosis of the current concern needs to be completed and it would be my pleasure to work with the Chevrolet dealership of your choice should you not wish to return to McGee Motors.

So I have had numerous issues, now you say that's not normal for McGee?

Or McLaughlin in Seaforth

So I guess I'm the only one?

I didn't have any issues at the Lincoln dealer I dealt with, or the GM dealer in Woodstock Ontario..

Why do I need to drive 40 minutes to have my GM car serviced?

Oh yes BTW this car and 3 others were bought on GM employee program

I'm interested in hearing from you on this

Thanks again

At General Motors of Canada, we are constantly striving to maintain an excellent standard of service as customer satisfaction and ownership experience are important to us.

We can certainly appreciate your frustration with your overall experience with McGee Motors. Please provide us with detailed information regarding your past experience at their dealership as I would like to contact the dealer manager on your behalf and discuss these concerns further.

Has one of our dealership had the opportunity to look at your vehicle for the transmission oil pan leak as of yet?

Nice huh

I apologize for the delay in responding to your email.

I'd like to discuss your previous experience with the manager at McGee Motors however additional details would be required in order to do so. Please advice as to the date of your visit, the concerns that prompted your visit to the dealer and what transpired on this visit.

Have you had an opportunity to schedule an appointment as of yet for the transmission oil pan leak?

Appointment was May 2, 2016

9,00 AM

Dripping tranny fluid on driveway prompted the appointment,

Was told at dealership they would clean the area, and retighten the bolts....take for a drive , inspect again.

Told then that should be ok now, but keep an eye on it, and perhaps relook at the next service interval.

They have already lost my oil changes etc, due to previous issues..._

________
I have reached out to the service manager at McGee Motors in order to obtain details of the work they performed on your vehicle on May 2nd and I’m currently awaiting additional information.

I will be back in contact with you as soon as an update is available.

Kindly,

It was indicated that you had brought your 2014 Chevrolet Cruze on May 02nd 2016. Upon inspection of the vehicle, it was determined that the leak was very minor as there was not a lot of oil in the area and a bit seemed to have accumulated in the lower shield. The dealership rechecked the torque and cleaned off the area, at which point, you were advised to keep monitoring this issue and they could have another look at it during your next servicing visit or when you went back in to confirm if any further repair would be required.

The dealership aslo advised that they also offered to replace the gaskets to offer you peace of mind however you were busy that day and opted not to have it done on that visit.

Is the leak stil present? If yes, then we strongly recommend going back into the dealership for further diagnosis and repairs.

I will be happy to follow up with the service manager once they've taken another look at the vehicle to ensure that this is resolved to your satisfaction.

It was dripping on the driveway and my mechanic , when changing the oil wrote on his bill about the leak

They offered to replace the gasket, they said IF it was to be done it would take 2 hours

They should have offered a loaner and sent me on my way.

I was busy that day and 40 km from work I could not wait 2?hours

Wait for the next scheduled service? What kind of service is that?

_________

We apologize for your dissatisfaction with the procedure completed at the dealership however based on the inspection completed; this was the 1st step in resolving the issue.

Customers are provided with a rental vehicle when the dealership requires their vehicle overnight.
Our dealerships do offer a shuttle service however it's only within their city/town limits.

Has your mechanic repaired your Cruze for this concern already?

Thanks Bibi for your help, but there is ongoing issues with this dealer, i cannot be the only one with problems here.

I have bought about 20 new GM vehicles starting at 19 with a GMC van, indeed the 1980 Trans AM I bought November 1979 tis still own.

I swore i would never buy another GM vehicle again, after the demise of Pontiac....service departments were famous for poor service.

I saw this car and thought it might be nice to try.

I have never seen service this non caring about a customer , i guess it would have been different if i had bought the car there.

I have had numerous issues with the car mostly throwing codes restated to emissions, sometimes not making it home before it throws more codes.

I would love to send you the information but

Never have i received a copy of the service work done (after repeated requests I did get few copies)

The latest one i received nothing on the work done

My Lincoln when it needs service is royally treated..

I am never going back to this dealer. and the power of social media i will relate this story to the masses.

I'm going to see what kind of trade in i get at the local Toyota dealer, i don't hold out for much due to GM's abandonment of this category of vehicle.

Good afternoon Ken,

I'm terribly sorry to hear this. We certainly don't wish to lose you as you are a valued customer and I hope that you'll revert to a GM product again in the future.

Please don't hesitate to contact us again should you wish to work with another Chevrolet dealership or if there is anything that we can assist with.

Have a great weekend,

·
Administrator
25,600 Posts
When GM filed for bankruptcy a decade ago they used the wrong criteria for closing dealership. They were forced to use sales for the criteria instead of customer service. Sales gives you a quick win, customer service would give you a long term win by weeding out the crap dealership service departments and keeping customers. I'm starting to think it may be time for Canadian voters to start pressuring their elected officials to deal with crappy dealerships.

Unfortunately the dealership model has produced a very well funded political lobby that GM and other car manufacturers are unable to fight. About the only way GM can penalize a bad dealership is to reduce the number of vehicles they send for sale and even that risks a dealership filing a breach of contract suit against GM.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When GM filed for bankruptcy a decade ago they used the wrong criteria for closing dealership. They were forced to use sales for the criteria instead of customer service. Sales gives you a quick win, customer service would give you a long term win by weeding out the crap dealership service departments and keeping customers. I'm starting to think it may be time for Canadian voters to start pressuring their elected officials to deal with crappy dealerships.

Unfortunately the dealership model has produced a very well funded political lobby that GM and other car manufacturers are unable to fight. About the only way GM can penalize a bad dealership is to reduce the number of vehicles they send for sale and even that risks a dealership filing a breach of contract suit against GM.

Ok so i'm not losing my mind here?

·
Administrator
25,600 Posts
Ok so i'm not losing my mind here?
I don't think so. I do believe there is a problem with Canadian Customer Service at your dealerships. We don't seem to have the same issues of "not my sale - not my service issue" that Canada has.

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
So the O/P needed a gasket, questions why they have to drive 40KM for service, can't wait two hours for a replacement gasket, requests a rental car and bad mouths the dealer. These dealers are private businesses, not G.M. and do what they can to keep your Chevrolet on the road. When you write a letter like this they no longer care for you and will do everything they can to make your service experience an unhappy one

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
To be honest with you I think you're being a touch unreasonable in the circumstance.

1) You were offered a repair (change transmission gasket).

2) Dealer needed two hours to get it done (not an unreasonable amount of time for an unscheduled job).

3) You declined because you couldn't work the two hours into your schedule that day. Completely understandable.

4) The dealer didn't offer you a loaner for a two hour job. Again, completely understandable.

5) You complain because you live or work 40 KM away. That's stretching into unreasonableness because it's under no ones control but your own. It would be like GM complaining to you that you should live or work closer to their dealer. It sounds unreasonable because it is.

6) You want Lincoln level service in a Chevrolet. That too is entering into unreasonableness as Lincoln completes with Cadillac - not Chevrolet.

7) You threaten to buy Toyota - after a lifetime of owning GM AND getting employee pricing on three of them. Your credibility as a customer truly wanted by GM just plummeted right there.

So, here are my questions for you:

A) How many of those prior GM cars did you buy new and not through a GM employee or supplier pricing program? Previously owned cars, demos, executive driven, daily rentals and lease returns don't count.

B) If you were running a for-profit business, what would you do for a customer like you?

C) Do you truly believe that the ownership experience for a Toyota Corrola would have treated you differently in the same circumstances?

D) Once you have differences with your local Toyota dealer, how far away do you have to drive to get service at the next nearest Toyota dealer?

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
A couple of random posts to include as partial background:

It's interesting, this has been the first GM product I had bought since 2003 , mostly because of shitty GM service departments and lack lustre service, basically i was told the problem was because i did not drive it correctly.....so it looks like the sensor was bad ---again....therefore, nothing i had done had created this problem....The last 10 years I have bought Lincolns, and that seemed to be the best if service was required (IMHO)....looks like the GM dealer service departments (who are in my opinion always full of the themselves) have not changed their way of doing business...still the same blame the customer.......

Mine is to be built week of November 18, mine was a GM employee purchase....

·
Registered
90 Posts
To be honest with you I think you're being a touch unreasonable in the circumstance.

1) You were offered a repair (change transmission gasket).
- Yes I was, after i booked the appointment and told them to order in the gasket.

2) Dealer needed two hours to get it done (not an unreasonable amount of time for an unscheduled job).
- Again, it was scheduled job, as I had them set the time aside and order in the part before hand

3) You declined because you couldn't work the two hours into your schedule that day. Completely understandable.
- I had no idea how long it would take actually to do the job when i booked, they said 2 hours labour but as you know, well they would have had my car for the day

4) The dealer didn't offer you a loaner for a two hour job. Again, completely understandable.
I live a half an hour away, how do i get back to work?

5) You complain because you live or work 40 KM away. That's stretching into unreasonableness because it's under no ones control but your own. It would be like GM complaining to you that you should live or work closer to their dealer. It sounds unreasonable because it is.
6) You want Lincoln level service in a Chevrolet. That too is entering into unreasonableness as Lincoln completes with Cadillac - not Chevrolet.
- Chevrolet claims to be world class, they should compete at that level, so a guy pays for a cadillac should have better service than a person who doesn't what would entice the people who buy lower priced products to upscale, like i did

7) You threaten to buy Toyota - after a lifetime of owning GM AND getting employee pricing on three of them. Your credibility as a customer truly wanted by GM just plummeted right there.
- don't care

So, here are my questions for you:

A) How many of those prior GM cars did you buy new and not through a GM employee or supplier pricing program? Previously owned cars, demos, executive driven, daily rentals and lease returns don't count.
- I bought all my new GM cars through GM employee

B) If you were running a for-profit business, what would you do for a customer like you?
- I do run my own business, in my case, they would have had a new itsm...I know know, or a repair but a loaner to get them through

C) Do you truly believe that the ownership experience for a Toyota Corrola would have treated you differently in the same circumstances?
- according to my friends that own Toyotas---yep

D) Once you have differences with your local Toyota dealer, how far away do you have to drive to get service at the next nearest Toyota dealer?
- same distance

My issue is not so much this particular problem its the number of issues I have had that don't seem to bee solved on the first issue

Thanks for your feedback its appreciated.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i guess its me then....funny never had these problems from the selling dealers that i have brought the car to ...Moderators please delete this thread....seems i am in the wrong , thanks all

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
well i guess its me then....funny never had these problems from the selling dealers that i have brought the car to ...Moderators please delete this thread....seems i am in the wrong , thanks all
I can understand both sides of this. Just having issues with a nearly new car can be very frustrating. The dealer I bought my CTD was so bad in my opinion they shouldn't even be a Chevrolet dealer, the dealer that is servicing my car is really good even though I didn't purchase this car there. I guess I got lucky. Hope you can get your issues with your Cruze fixed.

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
No once you create a topic or make a post it becomes the property of the forum. Either its really different in Canada or you are absolutely unreasonable. My Dealer is an Hour away, two hours round trip. They treat me with world class service and only sold me a General Motors Protection Policy, got the car elsewhere. Unless it was a matter of safety or liability a rental car wouldn't be offered on a 2 hour procedure, even if it took all day, according to an accepted universal policy about warranty work & rental cars (your results may vary). Which then leads me to this next idea, like you can't rent one with your Visa, M.C., or Diners Club card? Budget has $16.95 a day cars here in the U.S. Not only are you in the wrong, you have burned your closest and best source for Certified Chevrolet service. I love my Dealer, no they didn't sell me the Car and I will be seeing them until 2021 when the GMPP expires or my next near fatal auto accident, whichever comes first!

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
Eddy - you will not have another near fatal accident. Those are once in a lifetime events. You've had yours, and came out the winner - so now it's time to find your next adventure in life.

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Eddy - you will not have another near fatal accident. Those are once in a lifetime events. You've had yours, and came out the winner - so now it's time to find your next adventure in life.
Thank you for the kind words Tom! In the last 5 years I almost died from a medicine withdrawal, passed out and fell on my head twice within 2 weeks (too much potassium, given to inmates before execution) and watched a truck at the slowest of speeds crush my passenger vehicle until my eye was cut and I couldn't see anymore. 2 days ago, the first time in a year and a half my eye started hurting again (better today) and my back, well it will never be the same. However I'm reaching 60 within the next two years and am taking it really easy these days. I just wish I hadn't retired from the Federal Government 10 years ago because my golden years will contain no gold with Social Security, just copper:uhh:

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
Thank you for the kind words Tom! In the last 5 years I almost died from a medicine withdrawal, passed out and fell on my head twice within 2 weeks (too much potassium, given to inmates before execution) and watched a truck at the slowest of speeds crush my passenger vehicle until my eye was cut and I couldn't see anymore. 2 days ago, the first time in a year and a half my eye started hurting again (better today) and my back, well it will never be the same. However I'm reaching 60 within the next two years and am taking it really easy these days. I just wish I hadn't retired from the Federal Government 10 years ago because my golden years will contain no gold with Social Security, just copper:uhh:
Yes, well a brass handshake is better than none at all.

With diplomatic ties beginning with Cuba I'm guessing that you would have been laid off by now. And sadly your trade and industry, like so many others, has been eclipsed by technology and evolving business models.

You worked with some greats and probably brushed shoulders with even more. Welcome to your Carlsberg years. And learn a new hobby or sport like intramural lawn darts or manuscript illumination. Now is your time to do what you want to do.

Reactions: rockinrotho

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL, now i get a call for a free oil change at this dealer if i just look at the current crop of 2016 Cruzes, BTW I was offer 9K for a trade in with less that 60,000 KM on the diesel

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just an update, CEL light came on again, this time took it to another dealer who may have to have the car for up to a week to se what the other dealer has done to Butcher the repairs done previously....the lady behind the service counter said it was bad real bad...

There will be a rental car

and i have already got a free oil change...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts