Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to try to start one thread to track GM Card Bonus Earnings. If you have a GM Card, and recently got a bonus offer in the mail, please provide the following information, and I will update this thread.

The key goal is to determine not only when bonus earnings are active, but what level of bonus are being offered to which account owners, and what the owners had for a current balance at the time of the offer.

This is for offers from Jan 2016 forward. There's been some great deals, please let's not load this tread with offers from years past you received.

GM Card Program= Select one (Unlimited Earnings, or 5% per year up to $500)
Bonus Earnings offered = Enter $$ amount
Current Balance in Account = Enter $$ Amount
Date Offer Received = Enter Date
Expiration Date of offer = Enter Date

GM Card Program 5% per year up to $500, old historical program
$750 bonus cash
$2348 Total Earnings before bonus cash
Received offer Jan 4th 2017
Expires Feb 28th 2017

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
(Second Page if required for summary of results)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Question: When redeeming the GM earnings (old GM card), should the dealer deduct the GM earnings on the final negotiated price and BEFORE local sales tax?

Example:
The last time I redeemed my earnings (2011), they did this:
(final negotiated sales price + local sales taxes) minus (my GM earnings)

I called the GM Earnings 800 number and they said to check with the dealer.

·
Registered
253 Posts
It depends on the state you live on and how they look at sales tax related to rebates, and earnings applied to a sale. Some allow it to be applied before the tax others are after the tax.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Some States mostly in the South give you State Sales Tax Credit from your last Car purchase IF you trade it in. Here in California they laugh at you when you mention that

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All the cars I've purchased the GM Points have reduced the sales price of the car just like a dealer discount.. This was before tax.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update: I called a dealer here in Georgia. They said the GM earnings are subtracted from the Final Sales price before taxes. He mentioned that this was changed a few years ago (deducting before sales tax). Also if you have the old GMCARD, all earnings can be deducted from the final sales price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts