Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Ehhhhhhhhh GM isn't deceiving anyone. Every vehicle would probably fail at some speeds and conditions. Probably cause GM doesn't really know how to program the vehicles properly...Can blame Bosch for that one.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Every oil burning car on the road, regardless of refinement into gas or diesel, will fail emissions in some situations. Sounds more to me like this law firm is trying to extort money out of GM. Now if the team from West Virginia that figured out how VW cheated had done the testing I'd be willing to believe the claims. It was the law firm that did the testing.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Every oil burning car on the road, regardless of refinement into gas or diesel, will fail emissions in some situations. Sounds more to me like this law firm is trying to extort money out of GM. Now if the team from West Virginia that figured out how VW cheated had done the testing I'd be willing to believe the claims. It was the law firm that did the testing.
Sound's like a shake down to me too... I think we are good to go with our Cruze Diesel's. If there was a cheat the EPA and CARB would have been all over GM by now after the extra scrutiny from the VW cheat deal!!!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Sound's like a shake down to me too... I think we are good to go with our Cruze Diesel's. If there was a cheat the EPA and CARB would have been all over GM by now after the extra scrutiny from the VW cheat deal!!!
Agreed. If I remember correctly the EPA tested the CTD as part of the overall testing of diesel cars in the US.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Ambulance chasers

Reactions: Loftye

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,670 Posts
Wow...******* slimy lawyers.

Countersue them for defamation once their claims are proven to be the bullshit we already know they are.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Countersue them for defamation once their claims are proven to be the bullshit we already know they are.
Hit 'em where it hurts. Countersue for cost of frivolous lawsuit. GM's law team isn't cheap.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Stick to the wall type suit.

If you throw enough snit at the wall, some will stick........standard law practice.

Rob
Could just be an attempt to get GM to settle instead of the cost of defense. I hope GM just defends to the end.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Could just be an attempt to get GM to settle instead of the cost of defense. I hope GM just defends to the end.
I'd say they have to in this scenario. They need to prove that the GM version of a diesel engine is CLEAN or risk hurting sales of the Colorado, Canyon, Silverado and Sierra trucks with Duramax engines as well as the future sale of Diesel Cruze's that we all hope they still put into production!!!

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I'd say they have to in this scenario. They need to prove that the GM version of a diesel engine is CLEAN or risk hurting sales of the Colorado, Canyon, Silverado and Sierra trucks with Duramax engines as well as the future sale of Diesel Cruze's that we all hope they still put into production!!!
Have to defend to the end, cafe standards are increasing in near future and having diesel being a part of the lineup to increase efficiency is very important. I think it may appear to attorneys some blood is in the water and testing the waters to see if they can get a settlement. And get a huge payout. For the money my CTD is one of my favorite cars I have owned. I want to have opportunities in the future to buy another one.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have 95K miles on my CTD. I will say that the way I drive and amount I drive I average about 520 miles per tank. Yes that is lower than most people, but it is still better than what I usually got out of any gasser car. On that note I can drive 80 mph on the freeway and still average 40+ miles per gallon. I think that is pretty **** fuel efficient.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Until I can see proof of the software switch, which I suspect Trifecta would already know about since they released a tune for the CTD I see a shitload of smoke & mirrors here.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
If this was legit, it would be all over the news by now. There was one article a month ago and then .... crickets....

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I read a few articles about this a month ago and from what I read it sounds like if driven a very specific way the car will put out more emissions than design too, however not once did it show how GM used emissions cheating software like VW.

Looking into this more its seems ALL cars can put out higher than expected emissions if driven in a very specific way though.... An example might be driving 45mph at 1500RPM in 6th but putting the engine under load(small hills, lugging the engine), engine begins to load up with unburnt fuel since the ECU can only adjust timing.fuel and throttle opening, without a downshift and more RPM it really can't get enough air in to the engine. Test those tailpipe emissions, garuantee they are out of spec compared to "normal operations".

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I read a few articles about this a month ago and from what I read it sounds like if driven a very specific way the car will put out more emissions than design too, however not once did it show how GM used emissions cheating software like VW.
Yup. Non-compliance is one thing. Cheating is a whole different level.

And yes, I'm sure it would be CTD owners. All others who are not a government agency would have their lawsuit dismissed out of hand for "lack of standing". I could see a lawsuit on "cheating" since it would devalue the car. But it would be hard to show damages for non-compliance.

Hmmm, IIRC, all CTDs are automatics. I wonder if that's the reason there's no manual. To prevent operating the engine out of it's clean zone. Sure, there's manu-matic, but even that will shift on you in the right situations.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts