Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rant On;

HEY GM !
I'm paying for this heap of recycled parts, PAINT it the color I want, [if the other Cruze models offer the color, why not?]
the 1LT, 2LT & LTZ offer Victory RED, charge me, just Paint IT !

But No Victory Red for the ECO, the only Red is the "optional" Crystal Red Tintcoat @ $325, which looks sucky to me.

Get this, the ONLY way to get Victory Red on the 1LT, 2LT & LTZ, is to order the $625 RS Pkg,, Gee Thanks.

ECO Owners with MT, NOPE, NO Jack Dude, Not even if you pay us!
ECO Owners with AT, you want a spare tire and Jack,, if you can "order" them.

NO Fog Lights on the ECO, except the Dealer can install them for $300~[LPO]

I can "barely" understand the next items, but the former,, No Way,,

ECO offers No Leather or Heated Seats, just how much does Leather weigh, 8-10# MAX ?

It takes balls to charge for cruddy paint, but HEY, Ford does it too, guess they had a meeting.
Corporate Know it All's, sitting behind a $12,000 Mahogany Desk, wearing a $2,800 suit certainly they know what's best for us.

Whine Off :)
DrVette

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...that's what paint-shops like Earl Schieb and MAACO are for, so you can (sorry Burger-King) "...have it your way..."

...it's only taken GM 100-something years to catch-up with Henry Fords' "...any color you want, as long as it's black..."

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...unfortunately, I believe he has already purchased his Cruze, and it (above) was an after-the-event rant of remorse.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I want my cruze to be Lamborghini yellow. You think they'll oblige? No! Here's why:

The car is not assembled, THEN painted, but rather, pained in pieces THEN assembled. The panels are pained at one facility, bumpers at another, hood somewhere else, trunk elsewhere. RS package somewhere else too. They probly don't offer victory red with anything but an RS package because of the way different supplies paint their components (from tier 1 to 2, etc.). Also it's more incentive to buy the RS for the extra $600 If you really want the red than to pay $300 for just the paint. It's a win for them, not you, no matter what scenario!

If you really want the red, pay the $600 and get it pained at a reputable shop aftermarket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts