Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dear GM Customer Care,
A bit of "office humor" for you today...because the truth is funnier than fiction.
I have a 2011 Cruze LT, mileage @ 144,000 miles.
About a year ago (106,000 miles?), I began having rough idle, traction control warning messages, and a check engines light appear. After a bit of forum cruzin (pun intended), I checked the PCV vent and it was emitting super hot gas, and it was wheezing like teenage thug who took a solid blow to his diaphragm. At any rate, I paid $74.xx for a new valve cover and fixed that issue.

Last week, I had the engine in my 2011 Cruze replaced with a used engine that had about 38,000 miles on it (according to Texan GMC). The day I take delivery of my newly repaired and road-worthy Cruze, the check engine light appears. Upon further inspection, it appears that the freaking PCV has blown again! During the install, they did not use my "new" valve/cam cover. That means the "original" valve/cam cover was used.

Why (laughing out loud--that's the humor) has this not been a recall issue?

·
Registered
73 Posts
It is no more a safety issue than a thermostat (recall item).
We could argue the merits of, and what constitutes, a safety issue, thermostat versus a PCV, but it is pointless.
I am more disappointed in their response to the problem.

Received car with newly installed engine on a Tuesday evening and returned it Wednesday afternoon for "oil pressure low - turn off engine!" warning.
Got car back on Monday (11-7-2015). Arriving at house 20 minutes later, check engine light was on.

Returned car to shop Tuesday evening. Got it back Wednesday evening with the wrong diagnosis, and was told which part should be changed.

The above post by me was me venting my frustration at spending $4300.00 that I did not have, and walking away still having to repair the vehicle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.