Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well since i got my CTd new its had some issues. all but 2 have been minor stuff but im a adamant customer and want the car to be perfect since im paying so much lol. ive seen vett customers not as picky as i.

list.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i use the towing because i refuse to use MY triple a for GM f ups. you give me your VIn i can pull it for you

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
Don't you work at a GM dealership?

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Do you also have computer problems? Everyone has computer problems, connection? It ain't a vehicle anymore, its a computer.

Really a very long ride to fire a spark plug, an injector, switch on the fuel pump, even switching on the headlamps, and everything else. Worse than a computer that for the most part just shows information on a screen, in automotive, these computers control a whole bunch of mechanical stuff, Cruze has not just one computer but five of them!

Guys use to have problems with headlamps, wire from battery through a body connector, through a power switch, dimmer switch, than to a bulb. Now giving a command to a BCM reading code from flashram to energize relays to switch them on. And with billions of bytes of code, just one byte can screw it up. Just to dang complicated.

Told when you buy a computer that comes in from the cold, don't even switch it on until it warms up, in a vehicle, SAE temperature range is from -40*C to 125*C and essentially using the same components in that computer that just came in from the cold.

With computers, GIGO is a term, garbage in garbage out, with a vehicle, putting in garbage in the fuel tank and expecting to get clean air out!

A maintenance free battery is a politically correct term for a throwaway battery. No such thing as lubricated for life, unless you are talking about the life of a mosquito that is about two weeks long. Just a brief comment as to why we are having problems.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,983 Posts
Hey nick,

That's nice. Fortunately cars don't have hard disks with platters that form condensation. Haven't had a computer issue with a car since my 1985 Saab was 10 years old. Seems like they figured that one out.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Talking about other peoples problems, and in this business for years, encountered plenty of problems. My own history is owning and driving my own vehicles from a span of 1930 to 2017, that's 87 years. Driving and maintaining my own vehicles and believing in preventative maintenance for 63 years, never was stranded, never required being towed. Even a couple of months ago having the misfortune of getting water in my gas in both tanks of my motorhome. But for failsafe, did install an auxiliary electric fuel pump. Just crawled under, disconnect a fuel line, had my wife switch it on until gas came out.

With 70K on a vehicle, time to remove that single drive belt and lubricate all those ball bearings, keeping the battery terminals clean, etc.

The only time I was left stranded was with rentals, even as short as two years ago, in Italy.

But with the advent of OBD II in 1996, code stored in flashram, been carrying towing insurance ever since. Gee, that's 20 years already, wasted another couple of thousand of bucks. But does make me feel more secure, still carrying it.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,983 Posts
But with the advent of OBD II in 1996, code stored in flashram, been carrying towing insurance ever since. Gee, that's 20 years already, wasted another couple of thousand of bucks. But does make me feel more secure, still carrying it.
You mean that flash ram that no one ever has problems with?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts