Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through the options GM has for performance parts and the cat back upgrade they sell looks pretty nice but it is priced at about $1000, has anyone tried the oem performance parts and if so what are your thoughts on them? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just built my own. The OEM exhaust is non restrictive so any exhaust upgrades are for looks and sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just built my own. The OEM exhaust is non restrictive so any exhaust upgrades are for looks and sound

well i live in a state without emissions testing so whats your idea on removing the cat and reducing restrictions that way. i am going for sound a bit tbh because i do want the turbo a little louder.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I live in MN, no emissions testing here either. Exhaust doesn’t really increase turbo sound, that’s mostly intake. The OEM cats are high flow I believe to increase fuel economy, so you won’t really gain outflow by deleting. But experimenting with it to find a sound you like is always good. I love the way mine sounds, it growls, and turns a lot of heads

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in MN, no emissions testing here either. Exhaust doesn’t really increase turbo sound, that’s mostly intake. The OEM cats are high flow I believe to increase fuel economy, so you won’t really gain outflow by deleting. But experimenting with it to find a sound you like is always good. I love the way mine sounds, it growls, and turns a lot of heads

what do you have on yours then?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Catless downpipe to downstream OEM cat, OEM resonator, that goes into a glass pack, then splits into a dual exhaust exit, whipped it up myself.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I grabbed the GM Performance Exhaust and GM Performance Brakes from the dealer..

The exhaust has a good medium growl and the Performance brakes were completely worth it..

The brakes are super smooth and powerful

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I grabbed the GM Performance Exhaust and GM Performance Brakes from the dealer..

The exhaust has a good medium growl and the Performance brakes were completely worth it..

I was looking at the breaks too, are they more pistons than stock calipers or just stronger? i know the rotors are better, been really wanting drilled and/or slotted rotors

·
Registered
270 Posts

Man, super jealous on both items! The brake setup looks very nice indeed.

And scrubby there is power to be had w an aftermarket exhaust. Mandrel bends and a better flowing muffler do make a difference even if it is small.

·
Registered
56 Posts
They are vented and slotted. They are also larger than the stock rotors and prevent almost 100 percent of any slight vibration...

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was told by a buddy who has a 650 horsepower bonneville to avoid cross drilled rotors as they need to be hot before they get very grabby and they tend to be in the brittle side

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was told by a buddy who has a 650 horsepower bonneville to avoid cross drilled rotors as they need to be hot before they get very grabby and they tend to be in the brittle side

Duralife rotors have great ratings and reviews across the board. I'm no expert but so far these GM performance brakes are worth every penny.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm interested in learning more about the brakes. Can't seem to find any Cruze Performance Parts online at GM Performance Parts.

Anyone have a link ?

·
Registered
270 Posts

That's good advice from your friend. Generally speaking drilling or slotting your rotors does more harm than good. It tends to be an aesthetic thing more than anything else due to the tuner market.

Look at a race car. They tend to be solid discs with vents on the edge for the most amount of surface area contact possible. Plus you avoid things like warping, cracking, scratches, etc.

That said this GM kit looks nice because the slots are minor and if it's larger disc and better calipers that's going to offset any damage you could possibly do in a daily driver compact car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
5 Participants
SONICJIM
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing