Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bit the bullet and ordered the GMPP lowering kit for the 2017 Hatch along with some fog lights. Supposedly the kit comes with 4 springs a new sway bar and all the hardware. Got it from gmpartsdirect.com. Fog lights and suspension package was 484.68 shipped. Will update with details, installation photos/video, and before and after photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Subscribed

Reactions: Tomko

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently there are two part numbers. They emailed me and told me, “Part number 84105409 ($292.50) is not listed in the current licensed GM parts catalog for use with the VIN supplied.

Per the current licensed GM parts catalog (not the third-party catalog on the website), part number 84105410 ($292.50) is the correct front and rear suspension modification kit for VIN 3G1BE6SM3HS509140.” Rear suspension modification kit?? What did I get myself into?

·
Super Moderator
7,738 Posts
Apparently there are two part numbers. They emailed me and told me, “Part number 84105409 ($292.50) is not listed in the current licensed GM parts catalog for use with the VIN supplied.

Per the current licensed GM parts catalog (not the third-party catalog on the website), part number 84105410 ($292.50) is the correct front and rear suspension modification kit for VIN 3G1BE6SM3HS509140.” Rear suspension modification kit?? What did I get myself into?

A quality shop that wants to make sure that you get the right parts.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Their website does list both parts. I probably was not paying attention.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
I?m guessing one is w/ hatchback. Or with or without RS.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts

Both those suspension packages are springs and bolts only, so whatever one they're telling you to get isn't going to be any different than what you thought you were getting....must just be a slightly different fitment that caused different part numbers.

And if it's anything like the Malibu GMPP lowering springs, the drop is only like .5", so don't expect much.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
I?ve read in many articles it?s a 10mm drop. Not even sure you?ll notice it?s lowered.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Saw that. It would have been more definitive if they had some numbers to back it up instead of somebody’s word. Not really objective.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
I was also referring to the stance. The white car has the springs on it.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
So no GMPP suspension for now as they have not released the part.

So, what is available out of the list of parts they advertised? The exhaust and the brakes? I may get the brakes for my Hatchback.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haven’t tried ordering the brakes. So instead of the suspension. I ordered the GMPP exhaust

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have talked with a few parts dealers they never know what is “in stock” with GM. They order it charge your card and then come back in 3-10 days saying it has not been released or out of stock. No one seems to be able to give a straight answer.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
I have talked with a few parts dealers they never know what is ?in stock? with GM. They order it charge your card and then come back in 3-10 days saying it has not been released or out of stock. No one seems to be able to give a straight answer.

I added it to a shopping cart, when I was messing around, online. And one of the gm parts places, like gmpartsdirect, said ?available for shipping 10/3/2017? not sure how much truth there is to that. What I am finding, though, is that shipping is quite a lot. I added the brakes to a cart, and shipping was $250-$300. The gm part number came up on Summit, and I could add it to the cart, and anything over $100 shipped for free, so, it allowed me to add the brakes to the cart, with free shipping. They?re a little more than gmparts, but after gmparts adds the shipping, I?m saving $150, ordering from Summit. I want to see if they?re available before I pull the trigger. I want the exhaust and the brakes, at a minimum. The intake was advertised, with a part number, but I can?t find that anywhere, for sale.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts