Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: q2bruiser

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
Yeah, saw that last night.

Seems like typical GM flim-flam. We'll build it if people will buy it. Not too strong on commitment or leadership beyond the 2016 Colorado.

Let's see what comes of it. If the 4.5 litre baby Duramax gets resurrected then I will be a believer (and probably a buyer too.)

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Same crap they said a year ago, and the year before that. Less talk, more action!

Sidenote: still waiting on the 2015 chevy colorado MPG figures, as they finally released some pricing info yesterday. Did hear ALL colorado models will have active grill shutters! Should be interesting to see being 1000lb lighter than a full size what MPG they do get. Yet another bad decision by GM, the diesel version doesn't come out until 2016.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Not sure about right now but a while back the Colorado was offered with a diesel at no extra cost in Australia.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Can't wait for that diesel colorado! I may consider getting that depending on the price. And the rumor mill has it that will be release next fall as a 2016 model.

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Sidenote: still waiting on the 2015 chevy colorado MPG figures, as they finally released some pricing info yesterday...Should be interesting to see being 1000lb lighter than a full size what MPG they do get.
If the diesel Colorado doesn't get 32+ hwy, it's dead in the water in my opinion. With full-size trucks pushing ever closer to 30 mpg (Dodge is at 28 with their diesel and my guess is Ford is going to flirt with that number with the F-150), no one is going to buy a small truck if it gets the same mileage.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
If the diesel Colorado doesn't get 32+ hwy, it's dead in the water in my opinion. With full-size trucks pushing ever closer to 30 mpg (Dodge is at 28 with their diesel and my guess is Ford is going to flirt with that number with the F-150), no one is going to buy a small truck if it gets the same mileage.
Why not? People bought the Sonoma and the s10's and the rangers and the Dakota. They all got worse fuel mileage than their big brothers did.

Ford says expect low 30's from their 2.7L ecoboost f150. The ram actually got 38mpg imp in real world testing that car and driver performed. That was quad cab rear wheel drive though.

Sent from the sexy electrician

·
Registered
747 Posts
Why not? People bought the Sonoma and the s10's and the rangers and the Dakota. They all got worse fuel mileage than their big brothers did.
Yes, during the years when fuel was cheap and mileage didn't really matter all that much. Notice the Sonoma and S10 have been gone for a decade. Also notice the Ranger and Dakota are dead.

Americans aren't big on compact trucks to begin with, so if the diesel Colorado is going to be successful, it needs to be priced well below a full-size and get at least equal if not better milage. Shoot, with gasoline crossovers getting upwards of 32 mpg, a diesel compact truck will need to get at least that to be successful in my opinion.

Reactions: q2bruiser

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Needs to get better than a full size no question. Needs more interior room as well

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Needs to get better than a full size no question. Needs more interior room as well

More interior room is counter productive to a compact truck, it all comes down to price. If a ******* can get himself into a diesel pickup for an affordable payment, they'll sell

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Main reason I won't even entertain a 1/4 ton truck is because they're so cramped. I'm 6'4" and I feel like I'm way to tall for them as well. When my dad and I sit in a ranger our shoulders touch

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
I owned a 2008 Colorado, worst truck ever for me. Had the windshield replaced one time, so I decided to investigate an odd noise while the window was out. Where the A pillar connects to the fire wall etc wasn't even welded, dumb robots forgot. Traded my Colorado in and walked away with a chevy avalanche.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
I found this, the ute shown is an older model but in HSV trim beat the Dodge Ram for worlds fastest pick up truck. It can carry 3/4 ton and has plenty of driver room with height and reach adjustment on the steering wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRkSBP6ehgU

1 - 16 of 16 Posts