Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM Just Lost Its Fourth Quality Chief In Less Than Four Years

If there’s one thing that has bedeviled General Motors for the last several decades, it’s quality. So when the company announced a few years back that it was working to get the quality of its cars up, we weren’t sure how serious they were. But now we know just how serious – the fourth quality chief in less than four years just left.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
It would be interesting to know why.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Watching the Buick Envision when it starts selling here in the U.S.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Maybe reading too much in this one.

"Anyway, Lieblin’s husband was a GM engineer, and he retired not too long ago. Maybe they just want to see France together, or something."

If they're financially secure, I think his retiring could have a lot to do with it.

Reactions: obermd

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Well shoot I thought iT was something serious ..

Now come to think about IT Vacationing with yer Wife just might be serious enough to Retire and enjoy some shady days on a beach ..

Eddy have you ever experienced the mind meld ?
What is that like ?
Just curious ! , . Bones .................:grin:

Reactions: obermd and Tomko

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Tried mind melding with my dog, had to stop that, started chasing cats.

LOL, have no urge to look like Spock.

Part of an engineering job is to approve new vendors with submitted samples, really got cautious when everything was absolutely perfect. What you really have to check is that first production shipment, this is when all the crap comes in. But was not the responsibility of engineering, was for incoming quality inspection.

Does GM even have this?

Not even new with the designer of that Brooklyn Bridge, was shown perfect steel for each new shipment, then receiving crap.
But are incoming quality inspectors really qualified to inspect the more complicated components, even without the proper test equipment? Seems like GM is using their dealers for this, but if a customer goes in for a complaint, told, dey all do dis. Or in my case, GM will say the part is good and we will get stuck for the repair bill.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
I'm keeping an eye (and ear) on this one.

My son just (three weeks ago) brought home a 2016 Denali EXT......he currently indicates there is no issue.

I'm still choking on what that thing cost......good lawd......70 grand.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,984 Posts
I'm keeping an eye (and ear) on this one.

My son just (three weeks ago) brought home a 2016 Denali EXT......he currently indicates there is no issue.

Rob
even if i made enough a year that 79k suv is nothing but affordable to me, i still think i would never buy one. for that price that's a huge amount of a house loan. You could buy a new traverse and seat just as many people for much less. i dont see how people pay soo much money for a suv. you could buy a 95 grand Cherokee 5.9 in mint shape, have the dealer do all maint and still only be into it for like 7k

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
The dollars and cents thing isn't that big a deal.

What gets me is that kind of coin for a gussied up Chevy Suburban that is also IMO way overpriced.

But, what really throws me is the things are selling so well the dealers are having trouble maintaining inventory.......fascinating.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,984 Posts
you aint kidding. here at the dealer i cant keep enough taho and suburbans in stock. GM loves parts bin sharing and the caddy and GMC are no exceptions. yes the caddy is nice but what does it do a taho wont do

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Cheap gas, guys. Everyone seems to have forgotten when gas went to $4 and more per gallon and Humvees all over America started sitting in driveways. And the resale values of said vehicle fell through the floor.

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
2,984 Posts
if im spending 70,000 it better be very fast sports car, a armor plated SUV, a trophy truck, an expedition 4x4,

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
If I'm spending $70K (and I won't) it'd be for something like a Tesla and its self-driving features. Now there's something an ordinary car can't do (yet).

Reactions: pandrad61

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,203 Posts
That is unbelieveable. I saw the prices for myself recently in some review.

In retrospect, back when I was in middle school, my family bought a brand-new, fully loaded 4x2 Expedition XLT with the upgraded engine and tow package for $38K. Our neighbors then went and bought a fully loaded Suburban 1500 for about the same price. They were both huge and very nice on the inside.

The next car, a 2003 Acura MDX, also fully loaded, and one of the nicest cars I have ever been in, was only $40K.

But $60-70K?!?! Isn't that close to what an Escalade or something used to cost?

I guess my girlfriend and I will stick to regular crossovers when we need a bigger vehicle. At least the small and midsized ones are still in the $30-40K range...

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
What there is no room for the GT 350R IN THE Garage ?
Even the GT 350 is $58,980 .00 Plus AMD ..

A Camaro SS Shoot that thing is Up there to and Dang Ugly ..
If your going all out get a Land Rover !

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,203 Posts
What there is no room for the GT 350R IN THE Garage ?
Even the GT 350 is $58,980 .00 Plus AMD ..

A Camaro SS Shoot that thing is Up there to and Dang Ugly ..
If your going all out get a Land Rover !
The only Mustang that would ever have a chance of finding its way into my garage would be a 65-69. Preferably a '68 Fastback. Mmm.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
The only Mustang that would ever have a chance of finding its way into my garage would be a 65-69. Preferably a '68 Fastback. Mmm.
You do not have room for this 1 then ... 20151110_101811.jpg

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
What about the newer 1 's ? I like this View attachment 172689

I am researching coilovers and a few more suspension Moddifications .
Maybe a slight drop nothing drastic , just Stance and progressive .........................................

1 - 20 of 36 Posts