Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this recall done (replace the NOx position 1 sensor and reprogram the engine control module with a modified calibration, and initiate a Diesel Particulate Filter cleaning cycle)? if so, how's the car running?

·
Banned
260 Posts
Has anyone had this recall done (replace the NOx position 1 sensor and reprogram the engine control module with a modified calibration, and initiate a Diesel Particulate Filter cleaning cycle)? if so, how's the car running?
Basically my car exhibited the symptoms @ 61K miles but before this recall. Since the problems developed after the first recall was recalled by the second recall with no recall left in place at the time, I paid out of pocket. Seems I should be asking to be reimbursed under this new recall.

The car has has been running fine for the last 2K miles, no codes.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I had the recall completed at 12/16 @21k miles, now at 32k miles and no changes other than regens are now 800-950 miles on average. No issues prior or after recall, hope it stays that way.

·
10,712 Posts
Basically my car exhibited the symptoms @ 61K miles but before this recall. Since the problems developed after the first recall was recalled by the second recall with no recall left in place at the time, I paid out of pocket. Seems I should be asking to be reimbursed under this new recall.

The car has has been running fine for the last 2K miles, no codes.
Usually they send out a letter for things like this like with the water pumps on 1.4 gas to submit for reimbursement if you can find the receipts. I would hope they step in and help keep their customers in their cars and brand at least.

·
Site Sponsor
102 Posts
Most likely going to have this recall performed on Tuesday. Bringing my car in to the dealer to get the broken turn signal reflector in the headlight housing fixed.

Right now my vehicle is going through regens every 160 miles so hopefully this will fix that! Will report back.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most likely going to have this recall performed on Tuesday. Bringing my car in to the dealer to get the broken turn signal reflector in the headlight housing fixed.

Right now my vehicle is going through regens every 160 miles so hopefully this will fix that! Will report back.
Over my first 47,000 miles I had 90 regens or about every 550 miles. over the last 1000 miles I had six regen (about every 166 miles). Seriously considering the recall. Let us know how your goes

·
Registered
104 Posts
Had it done with no ill effects.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I had the original done with no ill effects and had the updated recall done on Friday. Just put about 1400 miles on it with no issues on a road trip this weekend.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scheduled mine for next week.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Have had 2 so I guess it was done, I deleted because they wanted me to pay for the 3rd. FWIW, I never saw the code the dealer claimed, the car went to the shop for the 4th O2 sensor and I was told it also needed a NOX sensor when it got there and I would be paying the bill.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Had both done. Latest one today. No ill effects from the first one and don't expect any from this one. I'll report back later on it

·
Registered
216 Posts
Had both done. Latest one today. No ill effects from the first one and don't expect any from this one. I'll report back later on it
Let us know if you are getting increase RGN frequencies now post- recall. I started at 0 STM and after 40 miles it is at now 14 STM (Total Soot Mass) according to my ScanGuage II.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Ha I just had the same thing done, only drivers side headlight.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
I bought a used CTD with 63K miles...Is there a website where I can type in my VIN to find out what recalls/updates have been done? Or is my only option to stop by a dealership and run the VIN?

·
Registered
281 Posts
IF you set up an account and log in, it will tell you about the extended warranties that have been issued as well (negative battery cable, def heater, etc.).

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Mine goes in after work Tuesday. Guess all my new best mileage records I just set will go away.

Hers has been replaced under the first one. I'll have them check its VIN while I'm there to see if it needs to be done again. While I'm thinking about it. Hers got the DEF tank MIL at about 26k miles. The replacement was covered under the program notice.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
IF you set up an account and log in, it will tell you about the extended warranties that have been issued as well (negative battery cable, def heater, etc.).
Thanks Cruzator, very cool!!

Set up an account, looks like GM Recall N151645630 hasn't been done yet on my car. Not having any issues (yet) so probably will wait till I get a CEL. Any foreseeable problem with waiting?

Also noticed the extended warranties (up to 120K miles) but they don't show details, just numbers. I'll do a forum search on the numbers and probably find everything here on CruzeTalk.

Thanks again, excellent info!!

Reactions: Cruzator

·
Registered
281 Posts
Glad to help. This Forum is full of great information and has helped me many times. A lot of smart people on here! I was thinking somewhere they told what all those numbers where for the extended coverage, but I couldn't find the discription either.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts