Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've seen it happen...although I'm wondering if it has more to do with the valve timing/overlap when warming up in these engines? I know that's why they started using vacuum assist pumps in other VVT motors, and it let them get rid of EGR valves. Or maybe just the 1500 RPM idle when cold.

Color me curious.
According to this :2011-'12 Chevrolet Cruze Recalled for Brake-Assist Defect | Edmunds.com it is a cold start issue "He said the problem sometimes becomes apparent during a "cold start."

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was driving the vehicle last week and twice in one day I lost the power brakes. This is not a "cold start" issue.

If you experienced this brake issue (not just the recall) while you were driving it, what would you do?/QUOTE]
So... your problem is not a "cold start" issue, it's another issue that likely has nothing to do with the pending recall, why are you trying to connect the two?

I'd would either figure out the problem and fix it or have someone else fix it.

Trying to associate the problem you're having with the pending recall is a mistake on your part, you should let them (the service department of your choosing) work out what the problem is and go from there; you interjecting anything other than what the problem is will just confuse matters and may make it more difficult for them to diagnose.

And, if I were unhappy with my dealer, I would find another. I bought my car from one dealer and have it serviced at another - no big deal.

on another note: Personally, I disagree with anyone who thinks jacking the parking brake as a emergency brake is a good idea; trying to use the parking brake when you're not familiar with how the car will react is inviting trouble. I've tried using the parking brake to slow a car before just to see whether it was manageable and my conclusion is: it's not. YMMV, but I doubt it (LOL).

·
Registered
108 Posts
Tell me, if they have no updated parts and your car has displayed the symptoms in the "recall", what should an owner do? Continue to drive the car for a few more months? Wait for the postcard in the mail? Hope it doesn't happen again and you get into a wreck? A lot of forum members had comments (12 pages) but no one had a reasonable response to the owners who actually have experienced this problem.
What is a reasonable response to you? Remember, not many, if any on this board are GM technicians. Going back to your original explanation of the issue and what a GM rep stated in the Edmonds article, I don't think your problem is necessarily related to this recall. Did you lose your brakes completely? No. Did you lose brake assist? Yes. My best reasonable response is either slow down and realize you have a problem and realize it will take extra effort to stop your car until you diagnose and fix the problem, or park the car until you have the car fixed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Best part is it says "contact your dealer on or after November 1" .... and "PARTS ARE NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE", "we expect to have sufficient parts to begin repairs by November 1, 2013"... had to laugh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.