Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
FWIW I had the exact problem described in the recall (NHTSA Campaign ID # 13V360 is what I see in a recall email I'm signed up for), but I had the problem before there was a recall. I had to go to my dealer twice to get it solved. Neither time could they replicate the issue, but after the second time, the tech did say he was aware of a TSB about the electric brake assist failing intermittently. Pulling from memory here, I think he said there was a vaccum actuated switch, and that he had to replace the switch and a vacuum hose as well.

I was fortunate that I'd taken the car in for the problem BEFORE my warranty was up the first time - I was about 1000 miles over when I took it back the second time, and the dealer actually fixed it.

What I don't know is if I have a part that is going to fail again because it is identical to the original, and has a design flaw, or if I have the "fixed" parts. I had the oil changed at the dealer 2 days ago, and they had NO record of a recall from GM, and had no information at all about whether the parts they used in my repair were different than what they took out.

I will say that the "high hard pedal" wasn't very high - basically, the pedal would feel normal, then stop about halfway to the floor. It wasn't just hard, it just STOPPED. I weigh 250+ pounds, and even with two feet standing on the pedal, I could not budge it. I nearly hit my neighbor's car while backing out of my driveway twice, believe me, I STOOD on the pedal :)

2011 Cruze 2lt
1.4l turbo
automatic transmission

·
Registered
7 Posts
I actually had the problem described in the recall before GM issued the recall. Notes for others:
1. My dealer mechanic said that there was a TSB on this, the part he replaced was the exact part listed in this recall. I had it done under warranty, and it was at least 4 months before the recall was sannounced.
2. So, did I have the "recall fix" or not? Cruze developed a coolant leak while I was out of town and my wife took it to the dealer for that, SAME dealer mind, and after fixing the leak they ALSO did the recall fix.

I suspect this means that even if it was fixed once, if it wasn't fixed AFTER the recall announcement, it might just fail again.

It is SCARY when it goes. It always happened to me when the engine was cold and in reverse. When this vacuum switch fails to activate, I put my entire 275lbs through both of my feet on the pedal - car does not stop. I have to take the car out of gear for the brakes to actually slow and stop the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.