Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
It is puzzling that this recall and all the associated documents aren't up on NHTSA's web site yet. Normally, those documents are pretty insightful and would put to rest a lot of the speculation going on in this thread, which I've only skimmed.
Normally I would never agree with most of what you say, but I agree this seems kinda strange. With the cruze lower engine shield oil fire recall that information was available day one. That's why I said earlier everyone should check back later if they think their car is not effected.

Either way if you are effected GM will send you a letter and if you go to the dealer sometime a few months from now they should inform you of any open recalls.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
I never got a second notice from GM, yesterday I had my oil changed at the dealer and no mention was made about the pending recall.

Today I got a letter from the dealer with some service coupons and other useless info & has a tiny notice(less than 1/20 of page) in it that says "Important Recall Information, as of 11/10/2013 the following recall campaigns have not been completed on your vehicle: 12213. Please contact us as soon as possible."

When I scheduled the oil change I had to wait a week(never been more than a day before), If I had received the notice sooner I would have had them get the parts so I would not have had to go back again and waste my time. If anyone has got the first letter and not received a second, I would just call the dealer and give them the number above.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
When you get the survey on your oil change mark your dealership down for failure to confirm all recalls have been done. If you don't get a survey, I'd contact the dealer service manager and tell him his folk's aren't checking for recalls when cars come in for service.

By Federal Law, anytime a car is at a dealership for any service that triggers an invoice they are required to check for open recalls. Most dealerships don't do this unfortunately.
Only ever got a survey when I bought the car, never for any service I have had done. Guess they must not have liked what I had to say.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
Can a GM rep explain to me what is going on with this recall? I got a notice in the mail a few months ago now ( In November now that i think about it ) about this recall saying that the parts were not available at the time to fix it, and I would be contacted when they became available. I haven't heard anything since. I'm very unhappy with how this is being handled, and I would like it fixed sometime soon before my Wife ends up in an accident because of it!

Sent from my Droid Ultra
Just call/visit your dealer and tell them to check your vin for the open recall, they can order the parts now.

I also got sick of waiting and just went and talked to my dealer. Would have expected another letter when the first one clearly states they will contact you again when the parts are available. Positive note, didn't take any significant time longer than my oil change to swap in the new part.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
Its great to hear that the dealer techs are verifying the new switch is operating properly as instructed after they install the new one. No way your car should have passed this test.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
Problem was that my 2012 LTZ never was included in the recall.
I find this a bit hard to believe as ALL automatic 1.4T models from 2011-2012 were recalled for this repair. Since the LTZ cruze only comes as an auto 1.4T, you certainly should have been sent a recall letter.

EDIT: I should add this is a good reason to find a good dealer to get your oil changed at, they would inform you right away of any pending recalls.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.