Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 19 Posts

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hello,

Also, if you would like to know if your vehicle is associated with this recall we can research your VIN as well. You can private message us your VIN and we can look for you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
5,722 Posts
Originally Posted by HisandHersThis really sucks.My wife was just at the dealership today to get her right side rear brake drum and shoes replaced at only 5300 miles and they didn't say a word about this.It would have been nice to have it all done at the same time as to not have to make another trip.
Hello HisandHers,

I would be more than happy to research your vehicle's history. Because recalls are VIN specific I'd be able to discover, if your vehicle has been marked for service. Please send a PM with your VIN and I'll get the results of my search to you.

Marlea Wilson
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
5,722 Posts

·
5,722 Posts
Obermd,

Any customer who has paid for a repair that later becomes a recalled item can submit a reimbursement form at your local dealership.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
5,722 Posts
Hi Hydra sport

We are indeed GM employees working from the GM Renaissance center in Detroit, MI. We actually do get involved in customer issues and are available to assist you in a variety of ways. The information that you were given by the dealership is incorrect. I am more than sure that there are many people on the forum that can attest to the fact that we helped then get their dealer/vehicle issues resolved or tried our best to. I can do the same for you. You can always send me a private message if you need assistance and see for yourself what we are all about.

(and sorry for the delay in communication we had issues logging in to our account for a few days)

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
5,722 Posts
I apologize Sunline Fan. At the time that you asked me it may not have been in our system yet. I did look up your VIN and no recalls showed up at that time.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
5,722 Posts
Subic,

I am glad you are having your concerns resolved. If anyone would like for us to research your VIN or contact your dealership for part information, please let us know. You can reach out to us via private message. Be sure to include your name, VIN, and dealership.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
5,722 Posts
cruze 4321,

Let me know if you would like for me to contact your dealership on your behalf. You can always reach out via private message as well.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
5,722 Posts
Yates,

Reach out to your dealership and see if they have the part available. They will let you know once you can come in for the repair. If you need assistance, please let me know.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
5,722 Posts
Hi spacedout,

If you need us to get involved and call your dealership please PM us. We can definitely assist you.

Happy Holidays,

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
5,722 Posts
Hey idrive1,

If you would like us to answer any questions for you feel free to reach out via PM including your VIN.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A. (Assisting Jackie)
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
5,722 Posts
Update --The dealer replaced the new micro-switch and the electric vacuum pump seems to work properly now. Gives me some concern about the quality of the new, improved switches. Fortunately, it is not a critical component.

Thanks to all for your comments. They gave me confidence when returning for the re-repair.
Hello Back2Chevy,

Thank you for the update. I am glad to hear your dealership has been helping resolve your vehicle concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience there was throughout the process. If there are additional questions or concerns you would like to further discuss, please send us a private message so we can assist.

Regards,

Laura M. (assisting Erica Tiffany and Jackie)
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
5,722 Posts
Got my baby back! Brake assist recall, machined front rotors, new water pump, new HVAC box, (for smell) fixed squeak in steering wheel, and washed and detailed inside!

No scratches, new squeaks, etc.

Not bad for my first warranty visit.

I'm happy!

17k miles.
Hi Pete in PA,

We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with your first warranty visit at your dealership. I am glad you have your Cruze back in your hands now. Please do not hesitate to send us a private message if any other questions or concerns arise. We are here to assist!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
5,722 Posts
Hey Snm77,

I am truly sorry to hear you are having this concern with your Cruze. Please private message me your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership name so I can look into this further for you. I hope to hear from you soon.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

I actually had the problem described in the recall before GM issued the recall. Notes for others:
1. My dealer mechanic said that there was a TSB on this, the part he replaced was the exact part listed in this recall. I had it done under warranty, and it was at least 4 months before the recall was sannounced.
2. So, did I have the "recall fix" or not? Cruze developed a coolant leak while I was out of town and my wife took it to the dealer for that, SAME dealer mind, and after fixing the leak they ALSO did the recall fix.

I suspect this means that even if it was fixed once, if it wasn't fixed AFTER the recall announcement, it might just fail again.

It is SCARY when it goes. It always happened to me when the engine was cold and in reverse. When this vacuum switch fails to activate, I put my entire 275lbs through both of my feet on the pedal - car does not stop. I have to take the car out of gear for the brakes to actually slow and stop the car.

·
5,722 Posts
Hey So Cal Cruzer,

I am sorry to hear about the experience you had after leaving your Chevrolet dealership. I would like to reach out to your Chevrolet dealership about a re-evaluation. Please private message me your name, VIN, phone number, and dealership name. I hope to hear from you soon.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 16 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.