Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
I had Chevy Customer Service run the VIN for my 2/23/12 build car, and it's clear. So apparently this recall doesn't affect all 2012s, but who knows where the cutoff is.

Reactions: obermd

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
Received my letter the other day too, even though Jackie said it wasn't affected. I'll give them a laundry list of things to work on while they're at it though, like:
- Recall
- Front strut noise
- A/C randomly coming on
- Maybe some sunroof seal adjustment (have a little air noise)
- Sticky steering, which hasn't been so sticky lately

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
Y'all should just call your dealer, ask if they have the parts for the Cruze brake switch recall, and then make the appointment to take it in if they do. I was told that's about a 45 minute job if you plan to wait. I had a list of other things, so they had the car overnight.

I get a survey every time I stop in for anything, even refilling my blinker fluid.
I filled out the survey accurately after the last time, which I didn't knock them down all the way, but I did give them as much credit as they had due. Given that I said I had no reason to recommend their service department whatsoever due to their inability to complete the job at hand, you'd think the service manager or someone would have followed up to see if they could make it better. Nope, nothing.

Still need to do a write up on it all for Jackie. In the mean time, my wastegate continues to be wastey wastey, and getting worse. Except it can't go hang out in the Mayberry jail for a couple days like Otis can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.