Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I realize this is breaking news, and details may not be out yet, but below is a link from fox news that mentions the repair is to replace a microswitch in the brake booster line? If I'm reading this right..

Any GM Tech's out there that have a procedure on this they can share? Or ChevMgr if you're out there?

Is there a sensor of any type in the brake booster line? Off to looking under the hood tonight..

GM Recalls 293K Chevrolet Cruze Sedans | Fox Business

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
It appears that there is a vacuum solenoid just to the left of the liquid reservior for the master cylinder on the brake booster.

I have no confirmed details, but if that's the issue it appears like it will be a fast inexpensive fix. Given it's a safety system I believe GM is responsible well beyond the 3 year 36,000 warranty so it will be free at the dealership.

I have an open recall for the splash shield, and I really like how clean the original splash shield keeps the engine clean in a salty winter.. Well that's another issue..

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Johnny-

Thanks for the info. This is great information that brings this thread back on topic. A reasonable way to diagnose and test for this issue, while awaiting the recall.

Thanks for posting the part number as well. Doing a quick google search shows this part retails for about $80.00 and includes the hoses from the intake manifold to the switch, and from the switch to the vacuum pump.

When this recall occurs it will be interesting to see if the new part is just the switch, or the switch with the hoses.

It looks like replacing just the switch would be easier than removing the hose from the vacuum pump. Maybe a long arm can reach it from the top of the car. I'm sure it's no problem from the bottom on a lift.. However, most of us on this forum don't have access to lifts.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.