Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
GM will send you a postcard about the recall. If you don't receive one you can still have your VIN checked for any outstanding recalls by calling GM Customer Support or your local dealership service department. I haven't received a notice from the NHTSA yet about this recall and when I do I'll post the recall number and any other information published on the NHTSA website.
And you can find any warranty and recall information in your my.Chevrolet. com account:).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Here we go again! This is the 4th recall I 've had with my 2011 1.4T Auto. Always when I'm about to go on vacation. I wonder what the Chevy design people in Detroit are going to come up with as "FIX"? Last recall they hacked the underside with a hack saw! Maybe they can use the same hack saw & cut the brakes off? Then use the same saw & cut a hole in the floor board, so we can stop with our feet on the ground. Oh wait they cut the air deflector off the bottom of the engine bay already, we would get water inside if it rains! I can't wait till I pay for this car. No one will buy it from me because the recalls, are so many & dangerous. The steering can fall off, the trans linkage will also fall off, The car catches fire, Now the brakes won't stop the car.
I think you're taking this a little too far. You're overreacting and over exaggerating.

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
I had Chevy Customer Service run the VIN for my 2/23/12 build car, and it's clear. So apparently this recall doesn't affect all 2012s, but who knows where the cutoff is.
Chevrolet told me to inform everyone I know and on here with a cruze that are affected to check their Chevrolet owner center periodically as there will be updating on everyones cruze that could be affected in the recall. If anyone doesn't have a Chevrolet owner center account....here's the link: www.my.Chevrolet. com. Then just go to create and add all your information. You can even link your onstar account and Sirius xm account so you can view it all in one place:).

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
IMPO...anybody that buys a cruze, let alone any GM product isn't stupid for doing it. GM products are far a higher quality car than most manufacturers. Even though gm hasn't been around long as ford has, I still believe GM has the best cars around. You CANNOT go wrong with anything from general motors. I also think you and most people on here are being pretty bias of gm lately. And im tired of it. Idk what your guys problem is, but you seriously need to consider the facts and issues more before anything is ever said. If you had a pos ford, dodge, or Toyota, would you be saying the same crap about them too like you do GM bec of a minor or major hick up or two, or would you blow it off and think "Oh well...I still love the car, it doesn't phase me any, and keep smiling? Maybe, maybe not. The point is, you cant just degrade GM like that. Most people don't realize how hard it is to build a car and trying to get it close to perfect as they can. Its even triple as hard when you got thousands of vehicles to be made. As far as this quality control thing ive been hearing about lately with the poor side of it...and what I heard doesn't thrill me too much with all the negativity. Im not chewing anybody's ass out here.....As a former GM employee, I cannot emphasize how much you cannot do that trash talking about GM. Your gonna need friends some day in the GM world with service stuff and all. GM remembers this type of stuff once it is seen on here because it goes to the top whether you know it or not and they will be like " Hmm, well this person doesn't like us because of all the things they have said about us"...so we aren't going to be much help to him/her. Just saying. Might want to slow down on your rude comments and putdowns. It doesn't matter if you don't own a gm vehicle anymore...what does matter, if you decide to buy one again later down the road or currently have a gm car, your comments will do a long way. Trust me...believe me. Been there done that. I said some crazy **** about my dealership because of a service issue, and it bout cost me BIG TIME. Think about it people.

Reactions: obermd

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
I'll chip in to buy him a snickers.
LMAO...that's funny **** dude =]. Ill buy him a whole box for all Id care haha. just like the saying goes in the commercials.."Your not yourself til you have a snickers". bahaha

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
BrianV...im not sure about that lol. I loooooove snickers a lot =]. I buy a box of snickers from the grocery store every once in awhile...it may not be a full box but its a lot of candy bars lol

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
That means they are sending parts out now as we speak...just an FYI

·
Banned
2,226 Posts
Im confused brianV..what do you mean snap it up?

Reactions: brian v
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.