Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Since this hasn't shown up on Cruzen built at other plants, I wonder who (and where) the supplier is of this "brake assist" component? Does GM source brake parts from TRW (Mexico & China) like Chrysler does?

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Recalls and TSB publications take time. Not only does the manufacturer need a critical mass of information, but they need time to design a fix, get the fix parts made, and into the supply chain. I waited months for Chevy to come up with a fix for the broken motor mounts in the '69 Z28 I had.

The most important thing owners can do is elevate the issue via multiple paths. It will shorten the time required to get the attention of the people who need to be making decisions.

Everyone with a problem should do three things.
1. Open an incident with GM via the toll free number in the back of their OM.
2. PM the Chevy Customer Care id here and get them involved.
3. File a complaint with NHTSA on the issue. If you build enough entries, it will force more emphasis of the issue on GM and maybe the resolution will be given a higher priority.

Vehicle Owners | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
I suspect that the root of this problem is the service business model that does not "reward" the franchise for diagnosing and fixing customer problems. Yes, there are some dealerships out there with really poorly run shops, but we see so few dealerships that are willing to go the extra mile to correct a customer's problem that it tells me the problem is much deeper. A start on correcting this situation is the appearance of the Chevy Customer Care folks. If dealership service wasn't a problem, there would be little reason for GM to spend the resources to put that organization in place. It appears to me that GM needs a "cluebat" to understand a customer's problem and that, unfortunately, is why I preach the multipoint notifications. It's really unfortunate that the customers have to resort to it, but it's the only thing they have.

Back when I had so many issues with a Ford, I lettered the tailgate with "51 repairs in 15 months" and parked in the dealer's front lot. Didn't help get the problems fixed, but it made me feel better.

Reactions: obermd
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.