Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
161 - 180 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
This recall being done to my Cruze as I type.
Took it in yesterday for leaking coolant.
Was told water pump would be replaced and this recall being done.
I have not received recall notice.
Was told car would be ready today and all covered under warranty.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Subic,

I am glad you are having your concerns resolved. If anyone would like for us to research your VIN or contact your dealership for part information, please let us know. You can reach out to us via private message. Be sure to include your name, VIN, and dealership.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
14 Posts
If the dealerships don't have the part, whom is liable if there is an accident? GM has finally admitted to the problem. If they can't fix do they have to supply you with a car? I'm checking with my Insurance agent. I didn't have an accident but don't feel safe in the car.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Why not just stop by your dealer and see if they can do it immediatly?
Dealers were sent a large initial quantity knowing that many owners won't wait for the notice.

BTW....You will not loose your brakes...if it fails you will have to press harder, like a old non power brake car......somehow us 'old guys' got them to stop without power assist....you can too.

Rob

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
If the dealerships don't have the part, whom is liable if there is an accident? GM has finally admitted to the problem. If they can't fix do they have to supply you with a car? I'm checking with my Insurance agent. I didn't have an accident but don't feel safe in the car.
Did you feel safe before? I ask because at this point the only thing that has changed is your knowledge of a potential problem. Also, dealerships are ordering the parts when owners bring in their letters.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Why not just stop by your dealer and see if they can do it immediatly?
Dealers were sent a large initial quantity knowing that many owners won't wait for the notice.

BTW....You will not loose your brakes...if it fails you will have to press harder, like a old non power brake car......somehow us 'old guys' got them to stop without power assist....you can too.

Rob
You also always have the hand brake. Hold the button down on the end of the lever and you can control the amount of braking that occurs. This problem is only manifesting itself at low speeds where the hand brake is useful.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Recall 12213

****IT'S IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THE RECALL NOTICE FROM GM STATES: "PARTS ARE NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE, but when part are available, your Chevrolet dealer will replace...no charge. When parts are available we will send you another letter." ********

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you feel safe before? I ask because at this point the only thing that has changed is your knowledge of a potential problem. Also, dealerships are ordering the parts when owners bring in their letters.
No the only thing that changed is GM admitted there is a problem. I have been trying to explain the problem for at least 10 months. As for using the "Parking Brake" , Why don't I just drag my feet out of the door.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
****IT'S IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THE RECALL NOTICE FROM GM STATES: "PARTS ARE NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE, but when part are available, your Chevrolet dealer will replace...no charge. When parts are available we will send you another letter." ********
The dealers have the initial parts order in stock......had my recall done two weeks ago.

Rob

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
No the only thing that changed is GM admitted there is a problem. I have been trying to explain the problem for at least 10 months. As for using the "Parking Brake" , Why don't I just drag my feet out of the door.
Since this problem ONLY EXISTS when the engine is IDLE the handbrake will work just fine to stop the car.

Have you called your dealer yet? If not, they won't order the parts if they are out.

·
5,722 Posts
cruze 4321,

Let me know if you would like for me to contact your dealership on your behalf. You can always reach out via private message as well.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
5,722 Posts
Yates,

Reach out to your dealership and see if they have the part available. They will let you know once you can come in for the repair. If you need assistance, please let me know.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
I never got a second notice from GM, yesterday I had my oil changed at the dealer and no mention was made about the pending recall.

Today I got a letter from the dealer with some service coupons and other useless info & has a tiny notice(less than 1/20 of page) in it that says "Important Recall Information, as of 11/10/2013 the following recall campaigns have not been completed on your vehicle: 12213. Please contact us as soon as possible."

When I scheduled the oil change I had to wait a week(never been more than a day before), If I had received the notice sooner I would have had them get the parts so I would not have had to go back again and waste my time. If anyone has got the first letter and not received a second, I would just call the dealer and give them the number above.

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
I never got a second notice from GM, yesterday I had my oil changed at the dealer and no mention was made about the pending recall.

Today I got a letter from the dealer with some service coupons and other useless info & has a tiny notice(less than 1/20 of page) in it that says "Important Recall Information, as of 11/10/2013 the following recall campaigns have not been completed on your vehicle: 12213. Please contact us as soon as possible."

When I scheduled the oil change I had to wait a week(never been more than a day before), If I had received the notice sooner I would have had them get the parts so I would not have had to go back again and waste my time. If anyone has got the first letter and not received a second, I would just call the dealer and give them the number above.
When you get the survey on your oil change mark your dealership down for failure to confirm all recalls have been done. If you don't get a survey, I'd contact the dealer service manager and tell him his folk's aren't checking for recalls when cars come in for service.

By Federal Law, anytime a car is at a dealership for any service that triggers an invoice they are required to check for open recalls. Most dealerships don't do this unfortunately.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Many of us knew about this about this issue in August this year. I have just received my formal notification from Holden on the 6th Dec for Recall 13-H-02.
When we talk about risk with brake issues, I had to wait 8 months for the GM logistic supply system to be able to provide the Dealership with two complete rear caliper assy's to replace mine that were out of tolerance.
This is just another case of waiting for a supply system to catch up and believe it or not this happens in the aviation industry all the time.
As long as I am made aware of the issue, I understand that sometimes components are just not available due to demand. It's up to all owners to then make the common sense judgement on the risk.
As for the Micro-switch, I can check the Supplementary pump each morning by pumping the pedal to confirm operation. Could it then fail that day, sure, but I could also blow a tyre or have any other mechanical part fail.
After the long term wait for my rear brake parts, I think I said earlier in this tread that I was not expecting this part until Feb 2014.. That time frame is looking good.
The wife is aware of the issue so makes her own judgement when driving.
My only disappointment with GM Holden was not getting the information letter out sooner to owners. Dealerships were informed in Aug. Delaying the information to try and reduce the perception that parts would only take a few months to become available may have been a poor call. The corrosion problem is what it is in the switch, just let those operating on the road know about it sooner.
Finished work for the year, bring on the Holidays!!!

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
When you get the survey on your oil change mark your dealership down for failure to confirm all recalls have been done. If you don't get a survey, I'd contact the dealer service manager and tell him his folk's aren't checking for recalls when cars come in for service.

By Federal Law, anytime a car is at a dealership for any service that triggers an invoice they are required to check for open recalls. Most dealerships don't do this unfortunately.
Only ever got a survey when I bought the car, never for any service I have had done. Guess they must not have liked what I had to say.

·
5,722 Posts
Hi spacedout,

If you need us to get involved and call your dealership please PM us. We can definitely assist you.

Happy Holidays,

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
Only ever got a survey when I bought the car, never for any service I have had done. Guess they must not have liked what I had to say.
I get a survey every time I stop in for anything, even refilling my blinker fluid.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,388 Posts
Y'all should just call your dealer, ask if they have the parts for the Cruze brake switch recall, and then make the appointment to take it in if they do. I was told that's about a 45 minute job if you plan to wait. I had a list of other things, so they had the car overnight.

I get a survey every time I stop in for anything, even refilling my blinker fluid.
I filled out the survey accurately after the last time, which I didn't knock them down all the way, but I did give them as much credit as they had due. Given that I said I had no reason to recommend their service department whatsoever due to their inability to complete the job at hand, you'd think the service manager or someone would have followed up to see if they could make it better. Nope, nothing.

Still need to do a write up on it all for Jackie. In the mean time, my wastegate continues to be wastey wastey, and getting worse. Except it can't go hang out in the Mayberry jail for a couple days like Otis can.

161 - 180 of 231 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.