Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright now I'm aware I can get more power from trifecta or VT but has anyone on here done the gm stage kit that here recently came out? I'm more curious of how the exhaust sounds. Any info is appreciated :relaxed:

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I doubt anyone has just because of the price of it. Also if you're 2011-2012 they want you to change your clutch so you definitely won't find anyone in those years with it done.

Sent from the sexy electrician

Reactions: UlyssesSG

·
10,713 Posts
I doubt anyone has just because of the price of it. Also if you're 2011-2012 they want you to change your clutch so you definitely won't find anyone in those years with it done.

This.

Very small bump in power, an exhaust and a sticker to say run 91 octane when the glove box already says run 91 octane(KRD)

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/34-1-4l-turbo/38161-gm-launched-sonic-performance-stage-kit.html

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/34-1-4l-turbo/106257-official-gm-stage-kit-now-available.html

·
Registered
132 Posts
If it was a few $100 cheaper, I'd consider it. Currently...heck no.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Much better off with Vermont tune or Trifecta.At least you make a fair amount more power and no exhaust needed.And really that exhaust is more of a noise maker than anything.The stock exhaust flows very well.

Reactions: UlyssesSG

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
They should allow you to get the tune, exhaust, clutch as a kit but also buy pieces separate.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 2014 rs 6 speed. The only reason iM thinking getting the gm kit is cause I want the warranty and it's currently a lease until I buy it out. The kit is 800 that's not bad for an exhaust and slight tune imo

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
I have a 2014 rs 6 speed. The only reason iM thinking getting the gm kit is cause I want the warranty
- this issue comes up on the BMW forums, the tunes with a warranty cost a lot and don't make the big power increases.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its not a massive gain but its a gain and just an aftermarket exhaust is 500+ plus a tune that is pushing the limits of the engine. the piston are weak the injectors are already at 80% of there capabilities. im trying to be conservative with it so i dont have to prematurely replace parts like clutch, trans,and things like that and worst case pistons

·
10,713 Posts
its not a massive gain but its a gain and just an aftermarket exhaust is 500+ plus a tune that is pushing the limits of the engine. the piston are weak the injectors are already at 80% of there capabilities. im trying to be conservative with it so i dont have to prematurely replace parts like clutch, trans,and things like that and worst case pistons
What part of Ohio are you in? Come to the Lordstown meet in a few months and we can all show you how VTuners and Trifecta are in person. Thing is can you even mod the leased vehicle with a tune and exhaust and get that money back in it's value on turn in?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i plan to attend the lordstown meet. im in toledo ohio currently. also i dont plan to return the vehicle the only reason im leasing is i couldnt afford the financing payments since im in college currently. im buying it at the end of the lease. ive rode in a cruze with a trifecta tune and it is amazing but after alot of research im not too sure i want to max out my injectors right away and possibly push the engine to its limits until i can afford biggger mods.

·
Registered
481 Posts
.. I keep hearing this about injectors and absolutely no one actually have this problem. Also haven't seen anything about engine reliability being affected more than slightly from just a tune.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
A Vermont or Trifecta tune is not going to push the limits of the engine.The pistons are strong in these engines.There has been some defective pistons granted.These engine more or less are detuned stock.But a well done tune is safe driving the car sanely.And i dont see a problem with stock injectors either.

Reactions: Merc6 and UlyssesSG

·
Registered
481 Posts
That's what I'm getting at. They've done thousands of these tunes and no reported issues of injector efficiency in basic situations or any real issues with engine life. But I keep seeing people act like everyone has blown a piston or ran out of injector duty.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
there full of baloney

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
alright let me go at it this way if im going to tune it im gonna do it big and eventually get the turbo upgrade and ported intake manifold which at that point that turbo cant make the boost i would like and also i have heard then pistons cannot handle much over the 22 psi mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
also just because there hasn't been a problem with injector deficiency doesnt mean there sis not a problem. If the injectors basically have to continuously run to keep up with the fuel required that is not good at all

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
First over 20 psi boost for long will drive combustion temps threw the roof.If we take my car for example.It can make as much as 21 psi boost to hit a TQ target of 200.But in fact it can accomplish this under most circumstances at under 20 psi boost.Weather and outside temp has a big influence on how much boost is needed.That being said there is no need to run really above 20 psi boost.In fact that is not good for the engine in general.1 member a while back had his boost cranked up above 22 as far as i remember.He made a long high speed run on the highway and did blow the engine.Or lets say broke a few pistons.I know in really hot weather i might run above 20 psi boost.So i would never beat the engine like that.One has to use some common sense if your engine is tuned.Also running the injectors at a high duty cycle is no big deal as far as effecting them.I mean how many people leave there car to the floor for minutes at a time.Not to say some nuts wouldn't do it.But most adult board members are not into such practice's

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
And if you do a turbo upgrade and run higher boost.(you could because you would not be outside the turbo efficiency window) Like over 20 psi is on the stock turbo.You would need to change the valve springs because the valves will float at higher boost levels. To me your better off with a good strong tune and leaveing the rest alone.These motors do run great and make good power over stock with just a tune.Some one who is good at tunning like Vtuner can really wake things up.The key to me is a excellent running motor with strong power and excellent factory like driveability.All thats needed is add 93 octane to the tank and away you go

1 - 20 of 32 Posts