1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
239 Posts
I hope...I hope they continue making it....and I hope they don't ruin the design of the car cause the new pics of the newer cruze looks ugly not gonna lie maybe they were bad pictures idk

Reactions: CHEVYCRUZE RS

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
The right front axle shaft recall is being expanded from around 2,500 hundred manual transmission Cruzen to include an unknown number of automatic transmissions. The stop sale order was to give GM a chance to get the final information for the recall to the NHTSA and dealerships. The Cruze is still being produced.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Yo Dawg , if they do dicontinue building this POS Cruzen , I would not be surprised with what ever they come up with . Just imagine all of those consumesrs that were in love with they're cavaliers . And woke up having to here that it was replaced with a Cobalt . And ten years later it is now yer Cruzen .

It is called RECYCLING !!

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
^ I like that lol ...... So sad though, it'll kill me if they stop making the Cruze and the pics I've seen of the latest Cruze design were terrible , I mean that in the most professional way just doesn't flow with anything. To each their own but I'm not a big fan of it unless it comes standard with an LS2 and I HIGHLY doubt that LMAO

·
10,711 Posts
^ I like that lol ...... So sad though, it'll kill me if they stop making the Cruze and the pics I've seen of the latest Cruze design were terrible , I mean that in the most professional way just doesn't flow with anything. To each their own but I'm not a big fan of it unless it comes standard with an LS2 and I HIGHLY doubt that LMAO
A cruze with a V8 would be nice....but it would probably snap axles. Too soon?

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Yo Dawg , if they do dicontinue building this POS Cruzen , I would not be surprised with what ever they come up with . Just imagine all of those consumesrs that were in love with they're cavaliers . And woke up having to here that it was replaced with a Cobalt . And ten years later it is now yer Cruzen .

All are compact cars, would call it RENAMING.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Whats the deal with the Chevy SS.........so the model is named "SS"?...is it just me or...?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think the problem was that GM has a historical trend of running compact car names into the ground. There was the Vega, which was a tremendous flop thanks to a few avoidable mistakes. They fixed the problems in later years, but either way, the damage was done so when they came out with a totally redesigned compact, they gave it a new name. The first Cavalier was a decent car, they just didn't keep it competitive as the years went by, so when they were releasing a much improved car in that segment, they decided to give it a new name again. The Cruze is kind of a different story in that GM just retooled the US plant that built Cobalts to build an existing car they were selling in Europe and Asia that was a huge improvement over the old Cobalt. I guess they *could* have sold the Cruze as a Cobalt in the US, but why bother making new molds for badges and drawing up new marketing pamphlets just to sell a car under the model name of its not that impressive predecessor?

In my opinion, the real answer is this: The Cruze is easily the best compact car that GM has ever sold in the US. They need to buckle down on quality, get these problems with bad lots of parts under control, and start building the reputation of the Cruze name. And then, whenever they redesign the car, make sure that it's at least as good, and preferably better than the previous generation. Love them or hate them, it's worked for Toyota and Honda. Corollas and Civics may not be terribly exciting cars for the most part (not that the Cruze is an $100k sports car or anything, but you get my point), but they're cars with a solid reputation for being reasonably priced reliable transportation. If GM really wants to win, the Cruze needs to be every bit as reliable as one of those, but more fun to look at and more fun to drive. And there's no better time to *do* that than right now. The Japanese are falling into the same decontenting and cheapening tricks that Detroit was doing years ago while riding on the brand reputation of what they were building in the 80s and 90s, a smart US or Korean automaker could easily come in and blow them out of the water.

Also, my apologies that this post was so long. Sorry if I'm starting to sound like a rambling madman :p

·
Registered
747 Posts
OMG, really? People please think before you panic and post in threads like this.

The Cruze has been selling 15-25,000/copies month for the last three years now. It has been consistently in the top few compact cars outselling several lauded cars including the Ford Focus, Hyundai Elantra, and Mazda 3. It is also the second best selling vehicle GM makes after the Silverado/Sierra pickup line. There is no way GM is going to quit making the Cruze.

Also, with regard to reliability, yes, the Cruze has had a few hiccups, but honestly it is not as bad as everyone on here seems to think. Even the much hailed Prius had a spout of bad recalls but has recovered just fine. Sure, GM could do a better job on QC and improve a few things, but by and large this is a great car and you have nothing to worry about.

This car is not the Cavalier or the Cobalt. It is just fine and your resale values are in no more danger than they were before.

·
Registered
234 Posts

You forgot the Vega, Citation and Chevette. As they are all compact, too

·
Registered
40 Posts
OMG, really? People please think before you panic and post in threads like this.

The Cruze has been selling 15-25,000/copies month for the last three years now. It has been consistently in the top few compact cars outselling several lauded cars including the Ford Focus, Hyundai Elantra, and Mazda 3. It is also the second best selling vehicle GM makes after the Silverado/Sierra pickup line. There is no way GM is going to quit making the Cruze.

Also, with regard to reliability, yes, the Cruze has had a few hiccups, but honestly it is not as bad as everyone on here seems to think. Even the much hailed Prius had a spout of bad recalls but has recovered just fine. Sure, GM could do a better job on QC and improve a few things, but by and large this is a great car and you have nothing to worry about.

This car is not the Cavalier or the Cobalt. It is just fine and your resale values are in no more danger than they were before.
I know that I might be in the minority of people, but I loved my 04 Cavalier. Aside from an initial problem when we bought it, that thing ran like a little tank. It wasn't much for looks, but it was a work horse for us.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, this is an axle problem, probably a supplier issue, or even a tier 2 supplier issue. Seems to be happening quite a bit with all automakers these days. GM is just being more forth coming right now than other automakers. I will buy another cruze when this one needs to be replaced, and hopefully will get a diesel.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I currently have 3 GM vehicles that are either under a recall or potentially under one: 1) Our Acadia is being recalled to fix the electrical connectors under the front seats for the side airbags; 2) Our G5 may be added to the ignition cylinder replacement recall that is being expanded (it was already replaced once in Aug 2011, but the replacement might be defective too) and; 3) Our new Cruze may or may not be included in the axel shaft issue (don't know the affected build dates or VINs yet).

Despite these things, I'm not dumping any of them. It's not a big deal. All 3 are great cars that serve us well. We love our new Cruze. All manufacturers have issues. My brother-in-law bought an Infinity JX35 last summer and they are on their second transmission and it also was just recalled for an airbag issue. Stuff happens

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts