Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2,168 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I think it looks cool and a new Diesel engine is great, I am just personally not a hatchback fan but happy Chevy is going to make it.

Reactions: chevrasaki

·
2,168 Posts
I desperately want to see a new cruze wagon.

Reactions: pacolino

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
I kinda like the looks of the new Hatchback ... but then again, I'm waiting to see what the '17 diesel sedan is going to offer, as well as the hope of the new 1.6 diesel being offered with a manual slushbox! I wanted to buy, I really did, but I'll hold out for a little while longer now to see what happens. I guess if they don't end up offering a manual for the diesel, I might just break down and buy a '16 or '17 Volt, because in Colorado, after tax credits, a loaded Volt ends up being about the same price as a diesel Cruze.

Reactions: IndyDiesel

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I desperately want to see a new cruze wagon.
I normally always go to Detroit auto show in January, might check and see if they have a Cruze hatch at the Chicago auto show coming up? I went to the Indy auto show and after going to Detroit auto show the Indy one was a disappointment.

·
2,168 Posts
I normally always go to Detroit auto show in January, might check and see if they have a Cruze hatch at the Chicago auto show coming up? I went to the Indy auto show and after going to Detroit auto show the Indy one was a disappointment.
The 5 door hatchback and the station wagon are slightly different, mainly the extra window at the back, extra length, and, the extra space.

Wagon - I love this one

5-Door Hatchback - I only like this one

Reactions: pacolino

·
Registered
216 Posts
As far as I know, the new Cruze hatchback is not going to be present at the Chicago Auto show. Sorry.:sad010:

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
The 5 door hatchback and the station wagon are slightly different, mainly the extra window at the back, extra length, and, the extra space.

Wagon - I love this one

5-Door Hatchback - I only like this one
I like the wagon, that is a nice looking car!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
How does taking a ft off the trunk make it a hatch instead of a wagon?

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,197 Posts
The wagon has a D-Pillar, the hatch ends at the C-Pillar. That's usually how one distinguishes a wagon from a hatch.

·
2,168 Posts
That extra foot make an enormous difference.

You can check this out yourself by stopping into a VW dealership and comparing the regular Golf hatch back next to the Golf Sportswagon.

Reactions: MP81

·
2,168 Posts
That hatchback looks great. I'd consider that with a diesel engine for sure.
I do want more diesel engines, They make a ton of sense from an engineering aspect. Since they just stop sending fuel to the cylinders when you're off the pedal, instead of closing a throttle plate, a diesel engine doesn't suffer from engine braking and gets much better gas mileage on the highway. They also have TONS of torque for their size in the mid range where you need it most often. I'd definitely consider a diesel if it came with a manual.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,197 Posts
Since they just stop sending fuel to the cylinders when you're off the pedal, instead of closing a throttle plate
Keep in mind, most modern gasoline engines have decel fuel-cut.

That said - having driven both, I much prefer the meaty torque-band of our diesel to the 1.4T. Even when compared to my SC'd 2.2L, it's got an impressive on-throttle torque response.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I'm dying to try a gas model 1.4T just to compare it to my ctd.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
If they bring the diesel hatchback, I would definitely consider that over the sedan. but they should actually let people know it exists this time around.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts