Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just purchased a fog kit for my Cruze. I figured you guys could use the part number breakdown for every part in the kit. The possibilities here are that you could buy a cheap Ebay fog kit but order the switch and harness for a better integration.

Fog, Kit 95469569

Switch, Headlamp 13295227
Harness, Front Fog Lamp 96950676
Bezel, Front Fog Lamp 94831151
Bezel, Front Fog Lamp 94831152

Strap, Fuel Tank Fill Vent Hose 94580498
Bolt, Radiator Grill 11609458

The last 2 are optional, but for that truly OE feel... :grin:

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
What year(s)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
How hard is it to wire up? I know when I did the fogs on my 2007 Trailblazer everything was just plug and play, take out the blanks, and put the housings in, plug the lights in and you've got fog lights.

Steve

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plug & Play... But the instructions are pretty much useless. You can figure it out by yourself though

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Missing tie wraps and screws. Not sure about your instructions, mine said to remove the bumper, just for two outside screws on the fogs. Just dug out my right angle electric screwdriver with the right size bit to save all the extra work.

Could have added a shot pigtail lead to that fuse relay box so you wouldn't have to take it all apart. Learned on mine, was never snapped in properly so more than likely saved me extra problems later.

Understand the latest problem they cause for the DIYer is rewriting the code so the fog won't work, Was reported some guys had to pay their dealers a hundred bucks to get this done. Really a dirty trick.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The last 2 numbers are the tie wrap/screws.

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
Are there quantities required that you can add to these parts?

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
So I had a headlamp switch leftover, all it was missing was the contact block for the fog lamps, oh and that fog lamp icon that you can't see anyway. Plus some screws and to black bezels that were missing holes for two very cheap plastic bulb enclosers that I sincerely doubt that cost over a couple of bucks to manufacturer. And a piece of wire.

If it wasn't for the very poor head lamp design with practically no side light, really a hazard when driving in town around corners, can't even see people trying to cross the street, wouldn't have bothered installing fog lamps at all.

Since I have spent about 50 years of my life in this field, wouldn't have cost Chevy about four bucks if they added the fogs in the first place. Actually less with overpaid accountants and storage space to keep track of all this worthless extra inventory. Just a dirty rotten trick so the dealers can make more money. I don't like dirty rotten tricks, same with the lack of cruise on the LS, this is also costing them a lot more money.

Shame on you, GM.

·
Premium Member
3,152 Posts
i would love to pull my drl's out and add in the ltz drl's that have the projector fog lights in them. any idea if its a easy pop out my oe CTD fog light blank and drl assembly and swap in the cruze ltz set?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wait...what? Only 2015 are projector.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have the opportunity to pull a fog/light combo switch from a wrecked Cruze for $15. Would it be worth pulling to hook up to aftermarket LED fog lights I already have installed? They are currently on at all times with no switch. Would it be worth my hassle?

·
10,712 Posts
Understand the latest problem they cause for the DIYer is rewriting the code so the fog won't work, Was reported some guys had to pay their dealers a hundred bucks to get this done. Really a dirty trick.
"On some 2013 models, the production BCM may not automatically enable the fog lamp function after installation. In this case, an updated calibration is needed.
Vehicles Built before March 25

When adding the fog light accessory to vehicles built prior to March 25, 2013, the BCM needs to be updated with the latest calibration file available in SPS.

Vehicles Built after March 25

For vehicles built after March 25, 2013, BCM reprogramming should not be necessary. The BCM should automatically enable the fog lamp function."

I have the opportunity to pull a fog/light combo switch from a wrecked Cruze for $15. Would it be worth pulling to hook up to aftermarket LED fog lights I already have installed? They are currently on at all times with no switch. Would it be worth my hassle?
I guess it depends if you hook it up in the fuse box like the oem ones.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a 2011 Eco, so it looks like the BCM would need to be flashed. However, out of curiosity, I plugged in the fog light switch and pushed the fog light button. To my surprise, the fog light indicator lit up on the instrument cluster. I'll have to check the fuse port to see if there is power there.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I moved the wire to my LED DRL/Fogs to the Fog fuse location, hit the fog light button and my LEDs turned on like a charm. No flash required on my 2011 Eco.

·
10,712 Posts
I have a 2011 Eco, so it looks like the BCM would need to be flashed. However, out of curiosity, I plugged in the fog light switch and pushed the fog light button. To my surprise, the fog light indicator lit up on the instrument cluster. I'll have to check the fuse port to see if there is power there.
That paragraph above only applies to 2013. They did some "mid gen refreshes" and sticking those guys with the bill for them screwing up and leaving them off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts